Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

2008111418173296416.gif

Official Website

McCartney Discography

Wings Discography

paul-mccartney-fireman.jpg

Well in light of his most recent tour and now the remasters...I thought it would be fitting to have a Sir Paul thread to go along with George and John and their threads!

Post all your favorite MACCA tunes here as well as stories, shows you've seen, pics and anything else fun you can think of adding. Discuss it all from McCartney solo, to Wings, Fireman...whatever!

11085192.jpg

I think out of all 4 of the Beatles, Paul has had the most successful solo career and for good reason! He's just awesome...he's a hit machine, and his albums are always different but always well produced and melodically fun!!

Maybe I'm Amazed

Of course this thread is dedicated to the Lovely Linda (R. I. P.)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: The Official Paul McCartney Thread

Are you serious? Macca didn't have a thread before now :eek:

I guess too many people thought all he wrote was silly love songs! But what's wrong with that?

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

I've seen Paul in concert twice. The first time was in 1976, the Wings Over America tour, at the Forum in Inglewood, CA. I was 11 years old. The other time was four years ago. He did a free in-store concert at Amoeba Records in Hollywood, CA. To see and hear him,so loose and casual, in such an intimate setting, was nothing short of amazing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a big fan of his early solo and Wings recordings, his latest albums I haven't picked up. I am tempted to get his DVD of the massively successful world tour he did a few years ago.

I don't have his remasters, but I have had some luck in other areas, I'll post those albums later as MP moves along in here.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Well let's move on to one of our favorites here (I think), and that would be RAM!! What an album....this is MACCA perfection....and I'm gonna risk it all and call it a masterpiece!!!

0b6351c88da0033649a0e110.L.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I just picked up a Fantastic copy of that old classic...not on CD exactly but a legend I know who rips old great vinyl albums and converts them to 24/96 DVD-Studio quality and shares them.

I know I am evil and bad and all that, but I'll tell you all that I have No Qualms whatsoever about keeping great albums that are no longer available in circulation, and the sound quality is the best of both worlds, the warmth of the vinyl with the quiet of the digital format. Anyway it sounds Fabulous, better than the CD I have.

I'll get off my pulpit now MP.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ That's pretty cool. I;m sure it has great sound!! RAM is just outstanding though...this is one of my favorites from it as well.

Long Haired Lady

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Most of us that have spent some time messing around with all this technology and compared albums from the 60's to the 80's have come to the conclusion that the vinyl editions were better than the digital releases, at least the very first ones. CD technology has improved over the years and I enjoy both formats as I've said numerous times elsewhere.

I just think it's "uber cool" that someone takes a vacuum tube phono stage pre-amp, with a beautiful cartridge stylus and turntable and takes the time to offer an ancient OOP vinyl recording that is stunning when you listen to it. Better than the remastered CD's the labels are lobbing out all the time.

They are legends in the circles that I travel in.:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:grinthumb I would actually like to hear that

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online