Paul McCartney (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: The Official Paul McCartney Thread

Great posts all!!!! I love the Chaos and Creation bonus DVD as well!!

:grinthumb

Let's do a little Red Rose Speedway....an album where I have met all the members in WINGS. It was a great line up for sure and a stelalr album mixed with a lot of variety that only Macca can deliver.

Also had the great hit single MY LOVE

Big Barn Bed from the special James Paul McCartney

The albums final medley: Hold Me Tight/Lazy Dynamite/Hands of Love/Power Cut is pretty impressive as well.

61-8KaTikvL.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The end of this first big WINGS line up would come after the release of Live And Let Die, recorded for the BOND film of the same name.

Well let me go ahead and bump the thread here with Paul's own Sgt. Peppers, "Band On The Run"

This would be the first time Paul ventured out with just Denny and Linda as Henry and Denny Siewell did not fancy going off to Lagos to record.

I would say the three of them did just fine...wouldn't you??? :grinthumb

b589820dd7a0d45c4ea1d010.L.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Also had the great hit single MY LOVE
I will always consider this to be one of the greatest romantic songs ever written. Not because the lyrics are so incredible, they are nice, but nothing award winning. However the emotion put into the vocals and the music is what REALLY makes me love this tune.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Agreed :grinthumb

His vocals are very good in that tune!! :cheers2

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

This thread inspired me to pull my Wings "Rockshow" laserdisc and give it a spin.

51CER6ED72L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I heard on the radio that when McCartney presented "Live And Let Die" to the producers, they thought it was a demo...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I consider "Live and Let Die" hands down the best Bond song ever!!...:D

Back to MP's post about Band on the Run, I bought that when it was released and wore it out. Loved the cover photograph, I recognized James Coburn and Christopher Lee right off.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

^^I consider "Live and Let Die" hands down the best Bond song ever!!...:D

Back to MP's post about Band on the Run, I bought that when it was released and wore it out. Loved the cover photograph, I recognized James Coburn and Christopher Lee right off.
Really good bit about the artwork. The only McCartney release I have is Wingspan which is a nice retro of his work. Two songs I really like from his catalog that I think aren't as well known are "Give Ireland Back To The Irish" and "Mull Of Kintyre"... The serenade of bagpipes on the latter is so down home you picture the moors and loads of sheep being herded about. Very country...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The cover art to BOTR is a true classic.....Christopher Lee's expression is awesome. Speaking of "ROCKSHOW" a new re-mastered DVD or Blu Ray wouldn't be a bad idea there Paul. :flirt

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score

The cover art to BOTR is a true classic.....Christopher Lee's expression is awesome. Speaking of "ROCKSHOW" a new re-mastered DVD or Blu Ray wouldn't be a bad idea there Paul. :flirt
The interesting bit about "Rockshow" on the laserdisc is that it is supposed to be edited. I read a comment by one soul who claims he saw a longer cut that was shown at the cinemas in England during its release. Parts of it are on a 3 DVD set titled "The McCartney Years."

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I've got the McCartney years on DVD...I'll need to re-look at that against my already existing VHS version of Rockshow.

Interesting :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online