Pat Benatar - In the Heat of the Night (1979)

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: Pat Benatar - "In the Heat of the Night" (1979)

Very well done Lady.:bow:

I only have two of her albums, and she is dynamite.

I bought the MFSL superdisc of this one when it came out.

Thank you!

And that sounds awesome. From what I remember, that was the highest grade vinyl on earth at the time. :D

My first listen to this particular album occurred when I pirated it, maybe 6 years ago.

I actually just bought the LP less than a month ago. It sounds incredible, and if I don't cool it, I might need to buy a back-up. :heheh:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Great reviews! When I get home tonight I'm going to slap a couple of Pat Benatar LPs on my turntable.

:grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Lady, ever since you made this great review, Pat Benatar became one of the artist I wanted to delve deeper into. I finally gave this a listen and it's great. My only disappointment was her version of "I Need A Lover" which wasn't bad but I prefer the original. Her cover of "No You Don't" by Sweet kicks ass! Metal introduced me too the original of it and it only made me think it's that much cooler. I also love the ballad "Don't Let It Show"! You are right about the fillers as some of the poppier tracks seem that way but I agree with you that it's still a solid album! Keep up the Great work LIL! :cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

Great Review Lady! I always loved this album especially the Sweet Cover (Hmmm do I mean the album cover or "No You Don't????!!!)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I finally got this c.d., thanks to Lady's great writeup and influence in getting me interested in pat Benatar's actually albums! :grinthumb

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

Right on, Sooty.

It's such a killer debut from a woman who would come to be known for her stunning voice. It's been a little buried in history, in favour of her other records, but it's so good.

Glad to hear you're liking it.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

I love this album. They rocked back then, back when they had two guitarists when they played live. I say they because they were a band, the Pat Benatar Band so to speak. They werent trying to sound like anybody else, and they hadnt fallen into that 80's rut of having to write "hits", they just wanted to rock. I would rate this album maybe 2nd out of her catalog, behind Crimes Of Passion.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online