Parole Denied for Mark David Chapman!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
:grinthumbThank GOD nothing saved his sorry pathetic arse ...not EVEN God ! Glad you found religion Chapman...but ...you'll need to to comfort your jailed self :grinthumb

He's is ALMOST where he needs to be...Hell !

Yes, people might forget after all this time..that Chapman gunned down another citizen ,
in cold blood.unarmed, in the back..like the coward loser he is !
in a public place..where other innocent people COULD have been harmed

with his premeditated bullshit reasons...and I don't care if it was John Lennon or John Q Public..thats what SHOULD be...

anyone who disregards life like that deserves life in prison or better still death..

R.I.P. John... :(

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I really think their reasons are justified.

He's not safe out there - not that I give a damn.
If they released him, he'd get killed within a few hours. Maybe even by a group of people rather that just one individual.

(I don't really know why they care about his welfare so much, but I guess they kind of have to - it's their job.)

I agree with you, but that's not their reasoning, is it? The snippet you posted seems to imply they're keeping him in because to let him go would deprecate the seriousness of his crime and undermine the rule of law.

I don't really think it would deprecate the crime or the law when we consider all the people who got away with much more crime, much shorter sentences, and much more dangerous/unruly behaviour. There are people who murder their own children and get out after 4 years. However I do see how they could mean it in regards to murdering a cultural icon. Fair or not, doing so does immortalize someone's name to an extent (though little else) so I could see how imposing a harsher sentence would serve to aim at discouraging similar crimes.

I guess I can see where they're coming from I just think their wording was melodramatic. Certainly this crime was one of the most devestating murders in history, but releasing Chapman will not result in world, nation, or state anarchy of any sort...

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
The trouble is, it would result in crime. They don't want to take the blame for some kind of attack on the guy, and they know that they're going to be under scrutiny by millions of people every time Chapman is eligible for parole. People naturally want to see a controversy unfold, but at least they're bothering to avoid the chances of a controversy completely - which is honourable.

Like I said, I kind of wish the guy would just die already. That'd fix the problem of wondering what to do with him.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I personally hope he's truly sorry for what he has done...

seriously, I do.

Just incase someone doesn't ''get'' my point (because there will be a few for sure) I'm not saying he should go free....ever. But most people who know me - know that.

Agreed.

The more time his killer spends behind bars and away from the sun, the more the bastard has time to stew in it.

Personally, I'd rather be dead...shot, electric chair, lethal injection...

anything, but sitting behind bars....

away from the sun, grass, trees, mountains....

away from loved ones...

away from freedom...

away from living....

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Groovy. Prison is punishment. But.........I also believe in capital punishment, and in this case Chapman was determined to be sane and he never once denied killing Lennon, so he should have received the death penalty. I dont like keeping people alive for political and propaganda reasons...........

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
I agree, Groovy. Prison is punishment. But.........I also believe in capital punishment, and in this case Chapman was determined to be sane and he never once denied killing Lennon, so he should have received the death penalty. I dont like keeping people alive for political and propaganda reasons...........

I agree, normally I feel prison is punishment..and there is questions to some peoples guilt..I would not want it on my head if we executed someone innocent...and with advances in DNA etc..we know we have

however in THIS case theres no doubt..
He's made his peace with god as far as he is conserned..so I feel keeping him alive isn't reasonable.

He can't be around other immates either..which my anger would love {sorry but he deserves riducule not protection !}

Why feed and cloth someone without a life ? A life that will never contribute to society ? He wanted to fame..he said he didn't want to be a nobody...sorry Chapman..you got both !

you got fame
but your STILL nobody..

what if you missed your target and hit some kids or some other innocent person because you had a bug up your butt about John Lennon ?

THATS what parole board is looking at..what if's ?
what IF they let him out/and next week he decides he doesn't like school buses or something and goes out and guns down one ? Full of kids ?

He an example /his notoriety is being used by the law..you wig out and shoot somebody ..your going to jail..

John's murder wasn't completely in vain.. :(

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online