Paris - Paris (1976)

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Paris - Paris (1976)

Hard-rock power trio featuring vocalist/guitarist Bob Welch (ex-Fleetwood Mac); bassist Glenn Cornick (ex-Jethro Tull) and drummer Thom Mooney (ex Nazz).

The group released two albums in 1976, Paris and Big Towne, but it is the self-titled album that is the more interesting. Bought this back in the day (probably 1977) and it has been a constant companion on my turntable over the years.

paris st.jpg

Religion -

Nazarene -

Starcage -

Black Book (live)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A lot different than early Fleetwood Mac…Welch definitely had his mind set on heavier stuff. He was a Brilliant songwriter.

Awesome gem!

My teen memories of Welch is “Sentimental Lady”. What happened to his hard edge?

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
An ok band....used to have the vinyl...not sure where it went,,,,might have sold or traded it years ago.
I prerer Welch's work/songwriting with Mac especially Future Games, Bare Trees, and Mystery.

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Bought this album and no IDEA who Bob Welch was.. Never knew till awhile back he had anything to do with Fleetwood and was hoping this album would get me into anything new instead of Lynnard Skynnard or all that crap my friends were playing.. The radio pumped this album up.. Gave you a teaser of Black Book.. Sounded awesome!!
I'll spin it tonight at full volume..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online