joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'm going to state that i'm impressed and she'll be in my. cd collection

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
palomafaith415.jpg

* Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful? (2009)
* Fall to Grace (2012)

Paloma Faith | Welcome
Paloma Faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paloma Faith is an English neo-soul singer who has won my heart over in recent months almost solely on the strength of her debut album, "Do You Want the Truth or Something Beautiful?", which was has very successful in her native UK since it's release in 2009. It was a top ten hit, produced two top 20 singles, "Stone Cold Sober" and "New York", has gone both gold and platinum, and stay on the album charts for over 2 years.
She released her second album "Fall to Grace" earlier this year and it debut at #2 and spawned the highest charting single of her career, "Picking Up The Pieces", which peaked at #7. It more ambitious album musically and has a great deal more variance than her debut but I personally do no enjoy it as much.
Paloma's musical style is often describes as a less dirty, drugged up version of Amy Winehouse (ok, well maybe not in those exact words), which is a funny coincidence because she was actually offered a gig singing backup in Amy's band just before she started recording her own music. These comparison's sort of cease with her second album, which isn't quite as vintage and lush sounding on all of the songs as it's predecessor and focuses more on a slightly poppier direction on select tracks, mainly the singles.
On a side note I really love Paloma Faith's sense of style and her red hair. Also she has a really impressive set of teeth, which is a good thing because she is a very toothy singer.

Some of my favorites from her debut:

And her biggest single (I prefer the acoustic version):

(There are those impressive chompers)

She also joined Shane MacGowan in putting together a charity single cover of "I Put A Spell On You", where is second singer to sing, after Shane himself.

With all due respect to the original this is my favorite version of this song. It's dark and seedy and is a great collage of singers who's voices are full of character and that gives the song some real personality.

Hope you all enjoy what you hear.

Paloma-Faith.jpg

Love Paloma Faith beautiful vocals

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online