Pagan's Mind

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Here's a really good metal band I stumbled across almost two years ago completely by accident. I was using an old limewire P2P application and browsing some generous guys HD in France and I took a song by this band by mistake, but before I deleted it I played it and was pleasantly surprised, so I made a point of collecting as many of their songs as possible, it was slow going though they are hard to find. But about 3 months ago I hit the jackpot and found all 4 of their albums in HQ. This band is from Norway, and proved to me once again that there are still great bands making music across the pond and not only in England.

PagansMindGif.gif

The debut album "Infinity Divine" was really well received in Norway when it was released in 2001, and gave the band a lot of confidence in themselves. At that time they were not really known outside of their home country, but that was about to change. Norway has produced some legendary "Black" metal bands, but Pagan's Mind is a progressive/heavy metal band that simply rocks. They are also huge fans of a particular television series, that is evident to any of you that look at the cover closely. I know I am a big fan of the show myself, and that is another reason I fell in love with this band.

The title track.

MusicMistress

Reaction score
Since there have been no replies to this band, I will give this band's thread a boost.

This band is very similar to Evergrey. They also have a very 80's Queensryche vibe with a ton of influence from Dream Theater.

Their second album "Celestial Entrance" is their best, IMO. This album was recieved quite well and even reached audiences outside of Norway. This album has a fantastic instrumental that is in 2 parts "Back to the Magic of Childhood" and together they total a little over 11 minutes of musical bliss.

Pagan%27s+Mind+-+Celestial+Entrance+%282002%29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Pagan's Mind are by far my favorite progressive power metal band.
The first three are incredible. Great thread LG :grinthumb

Cinder

Reaction score
Thanks for the info LG, I will check the band out. If all info listed here is anything to go by then I think I may like them also as I like a few metal bands from Norway and also Finland.

Btw that TV programme, is it by any chance Stargate? :D loved the show and was sorry when it ended. Wasnt too keen on Atlantis and it didnt show much in the UK.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Wow somebody else that likes this band...well three other fans...:cheers2

Music Mistress, I can't decide on a favorite album yet, I picked up their last one first, so it was the one that got my attention. I have all of their albums now, including their newest live recording of "God's Equation".

DKW, yeah they absolutely blew me away when I played them for the first time. And a couple of tracks that I listened to at first threw me off, for a moment I thought they were using the "Cookie Monster" vocals, but it was a Goa'uld impression instead which is perfect considering they are huge fans of the show.:D

Cinder...is that really you??

:lmao:

No fooling you my dear, it is "Stargate" the original and by far the best of the lot. I used to have them all on VHS tapes, but they have been playing on specialty channels here for a long time, very popular even now. Atlantis, I have a running joke with my Dad about "Using the Airlock" for certain characters on TV shows that have promise but fall short, usually due to crappy characters/poor directing. And in Atlantis I would most likely be down to Sheppard and Weir as the only two left.:D

I will post the next album tomorrow.

Cinder

Reaction score
Lol LG in ya dreams and mine also lol :D Mind you I prefer my Avatar to yours lol, Id run a mile from anyone looking like that:oyea:

Yeah I still prefer Colonel O'Neil to Sheppard. You cant beat O'Neil's dry humour :heybaby: and sarcasm lol

Getting back to the music, I agree Music Mistress, Pagan's Mind sounds a lot like Queensryche, whom I like also.

Couldnt listen to the vids until I got home as we cant open those at work :-(

Thanks for the vids you two

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I see my Avatar has had it's intended effect.:D

Richard Dean Anderson was perfect as Jack O'Neil, no doubt about that.

Back to the band, I am continually surprised by the number and quality of bands from Scandinavia, and the fact they all sing in English is just great. Music Mistress described them pretty well in her post and I would recommend these guys to even non-metal fans to check out.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
paganheavenly.jpg

Pagan's Mind has a new release for 2011 entitled
Heavenly Ecstasy . Below is a sample of their lastest fare .While not as progressive as their first three ( which I love ) it is an improvement (IMO) over God's Equation

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
:D...Great I picked up their Live album which was okay, but can't wait for the new studio release.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online