Overrated Albums/Bands

gorgon

Reaction score
Gonna just jump right on in here. For me Never Mind The Bollocks is one of the best albums ever. I've listened to it hundreds of times, and it never gets stale. The hard hitting punch, and unpolished grit of the album sounds as fresh now as it did then. I could make a 100 band list in 10 min of bands that I personally think are overrated. Starting with Rush, the worlds most famous Budgie imitators.

E-Z

Reaction score
An overrated band??.

LED ZEPPELIN need i say more???.

''Ohhh babe!!. Squeeze my lemon baby...'' :wank:

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah right on Riff.

Granted ZEPPELIN were a MASSIVE BAND and they recorded some of ROCKS CLASSIC ALBUMS OF ALL TIME but i could never get in2 them 4 some reason???.

DEEP PURPLE NOW THAT WAS A ROCK BAND!!. :tongue:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Meh I'm over Deep Purple at the moment, Led Zeppelin I don't really see as over rated either except maybe for songs beaten to death like Black Dog.

E-Z

Reaction score
Probably the most overated album in the universe is-

Captain Beefhearts-Trout Mask Replica

Wot da f**k???.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Gonna just jump right on in here. For me Never Mind The Bollocks is one of the best albums ever. I've listened to it hundreds of times, and it never gets stale. The hard hitting punch, and unpolished grit of the album sounds as fresh now as it did then. I could make a 100 band list in 10 min of bands that I personally think are overrated. Starting with Rush, the worlds most famous Budgie imitators.

Rush > Budgie by a wide margin. I don't think RUSH sounds anything like them after 2112 either as Geddy's voice settled.

Sex Pistols...the ultimate "All Bag and no Groceries" album of all time. It remains a watershed moment in rock music because it represented a change in society and expressed it in the most visceral terms. Musically it's a load of Rubbish and everytime I see it rated among the "Best Ever..." it makes me want to hurl.:puke:

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion Gorgon.;)

Scotty Baboon

Banned
Reaction score
Just to name one over rated band/album for now. Guns 'N' Roses and their album Appetite For Destruction. Just a band and album that I never really got into.

gorgon

Reaction score
Rush > Budgie by a wide margin.

No. Rush thought so highly of them to copy their act straight down to the guitar picks. If they had copied their sound a bit better, I wouldn't be so inclined to turn the station every time their harmony-less droning attacks the air waves. I always thought Peart was the wasted talent in Rush.
I know Rush is really popular around here, and that's cool, I'm just not falling for it. Respect.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online