Overrated Albums/Bands

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
I myself can't help but laugh when i hear that The Sex Pistols "Nevermind The Bollucks" is claimed as a masterpiece, or that it had any contribution to music at all. What albums or bands do you think are overrated?

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
It's hard to say what's overrated. I could say Bob Dylan is but I'd have 20 people here disagreeing with me. Just don't like him. Same with The Who and Aerosmith. I just don't get what people see in them, but are they overrated?

I agree about the Sex Pistols...Utter garbage.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Good point Shoes, but i would somewhat agree about both Dylan and Aerosmith. While Dylan does have some beautiful albums like Blonde on Blonde, Blood On The Tracks, Highway 61 Revisited, and Freewheelin' the rest of his discography doesn't really appeal to me. Aerosmith's hits are nice, but aside from that, im not a fan

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Same as judging art Runningshoes, everyone sees something different, for me I'll take a Rembrandt over a Picasso anyday of the week.:D

I agree about the Sex Pistols, most overrated album in rock music history, no matter if it was a shock to the system when it came out.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^My memory is not what it used to be Rockyraccoon, but I'm thinking there's a song on Band on the Run that is connected to Picasso, but can't remember the name offhand.:bonk:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online