My Arms, Your Hearse (1998)
Still Life (1999)
Blackwater Park (2001)
Deliverance (2002)
Damnation (2003)
Ghost Reveries (2005)
Watershed (2008)
Heritage (2011)

I wasn't sure where to put these guys, because I guess they haven't decided what genre they want to be. They have such a progressive/folk metal feel to them, with minimal screaming, about 1/2 the time. And then there's a really heavy side to them from their death/black metal influence. So I put them here

I'm not the most knowledgeable about them, but I know they come from Sweden :D.

This is a song off their live DVD "Lamentations" which I really like, it shows off how diverse they can be, because they almost have this bluesy feel to them near the end.

And this is a probably their heaviest song, Heir Apparent

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Opeth

They have growling vocals, and are one of the few bands from this side of the metal universe I like. Mikael Akerfeldt is amazing.

I am moving it to the new sub-forum, even though Opeth is progressive they are Death as well.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

Opeth was perhaps the most misunderstood metal band ever.....they have always been erroneously dubbed as a Satanic band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They are a musical Chameleon...hard to quantify, but considering the number of discussions I've had over the last couple of years, I think they belong in this section.

Neverlife

Reaction score

Yeah, they probably do belong over here, with the amount of heavy stuff they do.

Mikael Åkerfeldt is amazing, he has such a calm clean voice, and he has one of the coolest sounding screams/growls in my opinion.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Yeppers I agree he is the best at what he does.

F

FoxyPage

Yeah, they probably do belong over here, with the amount of heavy stuff they do.

Mikael Åkerfeldt is amazing, he has such a calm clean voice, and he has one of the coolest sounding screams/growls in my opinion.

He's one of the best vocalists EVER.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Slowly warming up to these guys. Didn't really get them at first. But with an open mind anything is possible. No really keep the "BEST" clips coming...I would really like to see what all the hub bub has been all about with these guys.

:grinthumb

Neverlife

Reaction score

If there was any album to listen to, I would recommend their newest (2008) Watershed.

Opeth_-_Watershed.jpg

It is by far my favorite album, and it is not quite as heavy as the other ones. It keeps much of their death metal influence, but also experiments a bit elsewhere, and is one of my favorite albums of any band.

Burden

My favorite song of the album 'The Lotus Eater'

This is as close to a ballad speed song I've ever heard Opeth get, and its an amazing song. 'Coil'

I'm trying not to post the whole album, but its an amazing album to listen to, and you should give it a listen if you want to get a feel for Opeth.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online