Opeth (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
After a few spins, I'm definitely feeling this one more than the previous two. It feels more vibrant and it does have some heavy parts on it.

Plus the guitar solos thrown in here and there with some instrumental tracks, makes for a wonderfully done album. Certainly one of the better albums this year for sure, and there's been quite a few.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't heard it yet as my copy is still in the mail but have mostly heard good things about it and the two songs I heard were a good surprise to hear as far as a change went.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easy to say this is their best album of the 3 string run of 70s prog albums. Its to me their best since probably Ghost Reveries.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree with you on the first part, but I'm not sure I like the new one more than "Watershed". Time will tell...!

I was watching a review of this from a youtuber by the name of Coverkillernation and he summed it up nicely. This album probably was what should have come where Heritage did.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I was watching a review of this from a youtuber by the name of Coverkillernation and he summed it up nicely. This album probably was what should have come where Heritage did.

I completely agree with that opinion. I think there's many nods to the classic Opeth sound on this record, so it would have worked perfectly as a transition record. I know about Coverkillernation btw. I've seen a couple of his reviews.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're long overdue a new Opeth album now. Lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member