Opera

Nora

Reaction score
OPERA​
941c70f9-e292-4970-8366-acf8a795925c_zps7af2611d.jpg

Opera is an art form in which singers and musicians perform a dramatic work combining text (called a libretto) and musical score, usually in a theatrical setting. Opera incorporates many of the elements of spoken theatre, such as acting, scenery, and costumes and sometimes includes dance. The performance is typically given in an opera house, accompanied by an orchestra or smaller musical ensemble. It started in Italy at the end of the 16th century (with Jacopo Peri's lost Dafne, produced in Florence in 1598) and soon spread through the rest of Europe. (From Wikipedia)

Songs and Artists

La Habanera (Carmen, Bizet) - Maria Callas

La Donna È Mobile (Rigoletto, Verdi) - Enrico Caruso

Nessun Dorma (Turandot, Puccini) - Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo & José Carreras

Last edited:

Mistral Wind

Reaction score
Opera is one among the most sublime forms of art...

let me add this from Traviata...

and also this, taken from Les Contes D'Hoffman

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I’m not to keen on sopranos but I love the singing of the British contralto, Kathleen Ferrier.

From Gluck’s Orpheus And Eurydice ‘What Is Life?’

Du Bist Die Ruh by Schubert

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Two greatest Russian tenors in their best hypostasises.

Sergei Lemeshev - "Lensky's Aria" from Eugene Onegin.

Ivan Kozlovskiy - "Scene of Yuródivïy" form Boris Godunov.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Although I love classical music I am not a big fan of Opera, sure I know a few of the most famous bits and pieces but to sit through an entire work when you don't understand Italian is not very enjoyable, at least not for me personally.

I do have the first 2 "Three Tenors with Zubin Mehta conducting" concerts and like them but those are basically a greatest hits package with each singer performing their most famous and beloved pieces.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
One of my favourite operas is Mozart's The Magic Flute. I am not a purist for the foreign language versions because I do not understand them.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
OPERA Yes

OPERA​
941c70f9-e292-4970-8366-acf8a795925c_zps7af2611d.jpg

Opera is an art form in which singers and musicians perform a dramatic work combining text (called a libretto) and musical score, usually in a theatrical setting. Opera incorporates many of the elements of spoken theatre, such as acting, scenery, and costumes and sometimes includes dance. The performance is typically given in an opera house, accompanied by an orchestra or smaller musical ensemble. It started in Italy at the end of the 16th century (with Jacopo Peri's lost Dafne, produced in Florence in 1598) and soon spread through the rest of Europe. (From Wikipedia)

Songs and Artists

La Habanera (Carmen, Bizet) - Maria Callas

La Donna È Mobile (Rigoletto, Verdi) - Enrico Caruso

Nessun Dorma (Turandot, Puccini) - Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo & José Carreras

:omg: I am an aivd Opera lover... see you all agian

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online