One Thing Leads To Another

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Connections ... follow each vid with any kind of valid and hopefully informative connection, see where we end up ... :D

A classic to kick off, Peter Green giving an early indication of his inner torment with this 1969 hit "Man Of The World". Some of the tastiest guitar work I've ever heard, the layered parts are perfection and Pete's vocals are simply killer.

Man Of The World

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Peter Green wrote some greats, amongst them 'The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)', released in 1970. 9 years later Judas Priest would do a rip-roaring cover, and it's probably the only case where I really struggle to name my favourite version... the sheer brilliance of the original and the spine-tingling atmosphere it conjures, well, how can you better that... but Priest give it a damn good go!!

The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown)

Fleetwood Mac

Judas Priest (Live/Unleashed in the East)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In the same year Judas Priest covered "The Green Manalishi", they also recorded a cover of a Spooky Tooth song "Better By You, Better Than Me". The original was written by Gary Wright before he went solo. This song has a history behind it because it was blamed for being the reason 2 young boys made a suicide pact in which one boy died and the other was left disfigured.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This one's for Old Ent.

The official song of your Newest thread has to be.:grinthumb

One of my favorite bands from the New Wave era.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
In the same year Judas Priest covered "The Green Manalishi", they also recorded a cover of a Spooky Tooth song "Better By You, Better Than Me". The original was written by Gary Wright before he went solo. This song has a history behind it because it was blamed for being the reason 2 young boys made a suicide pact in which one boy died and the other was left disfigured.

The 1974 album "The Mirror" was the first Spooky Tooth album without Mike Harrison. The line-up included the above mentioned Gary Wright, Mick Jones of Foreigner fame, Mike Kellie, Bryson Graham, Val Burke and Mike Patto.

Patto - Time To Die

Spooky Tooth - Hell or High Water

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Cheers LG, I'm not too familiar with much new wave gear but that's a good tune.:cheers2

Nice one Tray, Magic and Jake.

Well the drummer on the Spooky Tooth "The Mirror" album was Mike Kellie who along with Mick Jones gave musical input into Pete Frampton's first solo effort "Wind Of Change" from 1972. So off that same Frampton album ...

Alright

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Stanley Sheldon, bassist for Frampton, made his first appearance on the insanely successful "Frampton Comes Alive!" album. Sheldon was very close friends with the late Tommy Bolin and worked with Tommy on several albums, most notably was the "Teaser" album. He co-wrote the song "The Grind" and this song has been covered by Van Halen.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
On Bolin's last album 'Private Eyes' Mark Stein, who Jon Lord states as an influence on playing Hammond organ, played keyboards. He formed the band Vanilla Fudge.

Bang Bang

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Vanilla Fudge drummer, Carmine Appice, joined Rod Stewarts band in 1977. He co-wrote several songs, including the very popular "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy"

Another song Carmine co-wrote that I liked was "Young Turks"...Check out this live video from 1981:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Decades before Rod Stewart decided to re-invent himself as Barry Manilow Mk II, his first big break was as singer with the Jeff Beck Group, and one of their early hits was Beck's Bolero, an instrumental track written by another guitarist who one or two rock fans have reputedly heard of...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online