One Album Wonders Or Not?

spudnuto

Reaction score
Thunderclap Newman - Hollywood Dream ("Something In the Air")

The Cicadas s/t (Rodney Crowell)

Rockpile - Seconds Of Pleasure

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Old & In the Way -1975. They had a reunion album in the 90's but really this is the only album:

c53948fd87o.jpg

Old & in the Way was a one-shot bluegrass band whose legacy lasted far longer than the band. Led by Grateful Dead member Jerry Garcia (banjo, vocals), the band also featured David Grisman (mandolin, vocals), Vassar Clements (fiddle), Peter Rowan (guitar, vocals), and John Kahn (bass). Garcia formed the band in 1973 as a way to revisit his bluegrass roots and demonstrate his affection for the music.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Here is another belter, another off shoot from Trouble and nearly vanished without a trace.

thumbnail.aspx

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Impressions on Reading Aldous Huxley by Brave New World (1972). An unusual album of mostly instrumental space-rock. This band of German/Irish/British musicians should have been big, but instead they vanished. IORAH has become a highly-rated cult album in the intervening forty years.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
CITIES Im afraid I dont know much info on these guys except that they were from New York and featured Twisted Sister drummer AJ PERO .They only made one album [ as far as I know ] "Annihilation absolute "which I managed to purchase from the bargain bins on vinyl many moons ago . A real gem...if you like your metal hard and heavy........:headbang

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I think this is the only one they did and it got shelved but you can get it now ... very sad story to this band, their van hit a petrol tanker in 1976 and that was that.

sv19it.jpg

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I don't know the full story word for word but it is noted that the band became massive very quick and very soon after Cream had broken up. Clapton for one felt trapped and when they returned from touring abroad the band broke up and went their seperate ways leaving Clapton to work with Delaney and Bonnie.

Something like that anyways it was a pearler of an album:)

This article on Ric Grech on Wikipedia explains what happened with Blind Faith, in a nutshell the Blind Faith album wasn't well received by the critics and when they went out on tour to support the album in the US, Clapton wasn't happy with the quality of the music and called it quits.

I haven't listened to the Blind Faith album in a while, though I thought it was alright! :) Maybe it's a little ahead of it's time, I don't know cause albums were moving in that direction in '69 and people were looking for longer songs.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I think this is the only one they did and it got shelved but you can get it now ... very sad story to this band, their van hit a petrol tanker in 1976 and that was that.

sv19it.jpg

Quite like their stuff SOX, their album is on my wish list...too many albums...too little time....:pullhair:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
NYMPHS.....An alternative band with glam/punk influences featuring the vocal talents of Inger Lorre .Made one album for Geffen in 1991.
Somehow it never happened for this band, which was a mystery.... split 1992. They had a "rebellious attitude" reputation which might of gone against them......legend Iggy Pop did backing vocals on "supersonic":grinthumb. The album is a gem

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online