On Being Derivative and Commercial

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
CRF2 has Wayne. I think we found our equivalent.
That's okay. I liked Wayne. He made things interesting. We all need a Wayne...well, maybe not all of us. Besides, he seems to have a more pleasant disposition. Wayne would have said FU not God Bless you. ;)

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
newdawnfades said:
So because I was 'derived' from my mom and dad I AM DIFFERENT, not unique, just DIFFERENT?

I recently told my son how unique he is. He responded by saying, "Yea, just like everyone else."

Spike

Rock On!

Music Lover
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
That's okay. I liked Wayne. He made things interesting. We all need a Wayne...well, maybe not all of us. Besides, he seems to have a more pleasant disposition. Wayne would have said FU not God Bless you. ;)

Why, thank you, MW! :)

You may not like me much, but rest assured I won't stoop to using vulgar language toward you.

Oh, I might say something like "Quit posting BS"---but you won't see me posting things like "FU" etc.

As you wisely mentioned a little bit ago, those who don't like me are certainly free to use the "ignore" feature.

Personally, I don't use it at all. Tomorrow will be a new day, and my disagreements with you and NDF will be pretty much forgotten.

I'm not the type to carry a grudge. "Forgive and forget", as the old saying goes. ;)

algernon

Reaction score
algernon said:
HA! Yes, I'm afraid it's true, though. We are all different, but not unique. Our struggles are very much alike...our condition, too, regardless of our station or TIME or place.
..or to quote that great theologian, John Lennon: 'I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together." :D

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Spike said:
Except maybe for this: to paraphrase, you say "these things are important but don't really matter if I enjoy the music." I say "these things matter enough to me that I don't really enjoy the music." I'm sure that says more about me than you. ;)

well, it's not that i don't have a line somewhere, as crooked and dotted as it may be. you just haven't hit it yet.

i guess if someone is truly repulsive enough, the music won't override the massive ickdom of the artist. of course, when i say repulsive, i don't mean the standard fare of artists/writers/poets who are hypocritical, vice-ridden, womanizing slutwads from planet ten, which is basically almost all of em (and frankly, who hasn't been there before? ahem) ...but repulsive along the lines of, oh, say david duke... my line might get pretty clear pretty fast. i wouldn't care how much the critics might rave over his new ukulele blues album. not happenin in kathland.

kath
p.s. thanks, algernon. sniff.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
kath said:
well, it's not that i don't have a line somewhere, as crooked and dotted as it may be. you just haven't hit it yet.

i guess if someone is truly repulsive enough, the music won't override the massive ickdom of the artist. of course, when i say repulsive, i don't mean the standard fare of artists/writers/poets who are hypocritical, vice-ridden, womanizing slutwads from planet ten, which is basically almost all of em (and frankly, who hasn't been there before? ahem) ...but repulsive along the lines of, oh, say david duke... my line might get pretty clear pretty fast. i wouldn't care how much the critics might rave over his new ukulele blues album. not happenin in kathland.

kath
p.s. thanks, algernon. sniff.

How do you feel about Ike Turner?

Spike

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Spike said:
How do you feel about Ike Turner?

Spike

batterers are extremely high on my ultimate scumbaggery list. not that i was a huge fan of his music before i knew about his personality...

however, i love tina. not necessarily all of her music.. but i just love her. i love people with fire.

kath
burn, baby, burn

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.