Omega - III (1974)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
On Tour was released in 1977. Some good records you have there, most of them are my favourite. Would love to get 200 Years After The Last War, Suite is amazing. Not sure about the one from 1975, what is the cover like?

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Omega - 1973 - Bellaphon
The cover is solid red front and back. The front has the Omega symbol in the upper right corner. It is a gatefold cover and on the inside there is a photo of the band sitting in chairs with trees in the background. Also inside are the track listings and recording and band info.

Side A
Everytime She Steps In
After A Hard Year
Delicate Sweep
Parting Song
Side B
The Bird
The Lying Girl
White Magic Stone

Recorded April '73 at Dierks studios, printed in Germany.

Omega - 1975 - Passport
The front cover is an old grainy photo (WWII ?) of bombed out buildings with red and black background which I assume represents fire and smoke. In the top center is a fancy Omega symbol with the name Omega. In the upper right corner is a hand pointing at the buildings with lightening bolts coming from the finger tip.
The back cover has the on stage flaming Omega symbol from Omega III and the tracks list.

Side 1
Everything She Steps In
Stormy Fire
After A Hard Year
Spanish Guitar
Side 2
Help To Find Me
Remembering
White magic Stone

The Passport LP is the American version marketed by ABC Records, printed in U.S.A.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
$%28KGrHqN,!i0E+IrJMZETBQB6DOdtWQ~~60_35.jpg

It's this one then. I have this cover on my iTunes, but never thought this would be American press.

Elo Omega must be very poor quality I guess, it's in fact a live album released instead of censored 200 Evvel Az Utolso Haboru Utan (200 Years After The Last War). Some great tracks on the studio album.

Please let me know your refreshed opinion on the albums you have. I love this band and I'm always happy to see more people appreciating them. :D

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
That is the one. It was recorded at Dierks Studio, West Germany ('73 - '74) and mastered at Sterling Sound in New York and marketed in the U.S. in '75.
I will definitely continue posting about these LPs. Yesterday I listened to 10000 Lepes and the recording could have been much better and the mixing had the vocals overpowering the music.
Today I will listen to some from Dierks Studio produced by Peter Hauke and engineered by Dieter Dierks. I'm expecting these to have a much better sound quality.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Wow. Chevelle, I bet you have an awesome collection!

I went ahead and posted a vinyl rip of III on youtube.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
^^^ I was able to put together a decent collection of 60s and 70s albums. I have close to two thousand LPs with about 25% from the 60s and 75% from the 70s.
Almost all of the 70s albums are in mint or like new condition and have been protected with plastic covers. Most are first runs and some came with posters, booklets, postcards or stickers and original inner sleeves with photos and lyrics.
There are some pictures on my profile page.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
Listened to a few of Omega's mid 70s LPs yesterday and found them to be quite an improvement over the earlier albums. This is partly because of the band working with producer Peter Hauke who was invovled with many European bands at that time.

Time Robber
Side 1 starts out as kind of an electronic ballad with a lot of synthesizer on House Of Cards part I and II. The title track Time Robber and Invitation round out the first side with the ballad style without the moog.
Side 2 begins with the heavier and spacier Don't Keep Me Waitin' with good "Euro-rock" vocals and xlnt guitar and solid bass.
An Accountant's Dream is a more up-beat rock song with a slight "glam-rock" vocal style with good guitar and double lead solo.
Late Night Show is an excellent closer with very good organ and vocals. The bass and guitar are solid which is typical throughout this album.
Overall, Time Robber is an excellent album with a style that could be described as a cross between Pink Floyd and David Bowie (sort of).

The Hall Of Floaters In The Sky is another excellent album.
Side 1 starts out with Moving World that has a heavy, orchestral sound with electronic strings and good acoustic piano, solid bass and good guitar.
One Man Land has good vocals, heavy guitar and good keyboards (organ, electric piano).
Magician finishes the side with good rock vocals, great guitar and hot bass.
Side 2 starts with the title track that is short by comparison and mostly vocal.
Never Feel Shame is good, heavy space-rock with xlnt guitar and bass and overall the best track on the side.
20th Century Town Dweller rounds out the side with the same heavy, spacey sound. Very hot bass, heavy second guitar and great guitar solos make this song a good finisher.

Both of these albums are every bit as good as Omega III and Hall Of Floaters may be slightly better than III in my opinion.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
The Hall Of Floaters In The Sky in my opinion is the best album by them from the English discography. It a good crossover from their heavy rock in previous albums to what would later become space rock era (Time Robber and Gammapolis). :grinthumb

Also, don't forget there is also an official thread dedicated to this band. http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f9/omega-official-thread-13105/ :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online