Omega - III (1974)

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
^^^ I was able to put together a decent collection of 60s and 70s albums. I have close to two thousand LPs with about 25% from the 60s and 75% from the 70s.
Almost all of the 70s albums are in mint or like new condition and have been protected with plastic covers. Most are first runs and some came with posters, booklets, postcards or stickers and original inner sleeves with photos and lyrics.
There are some pictures on my profile page.

I'd love to see THAT collection! I have around 5,000 or so records, but not all the 60's and 70's stuff is mint, as most of it I find used. Still in VG+ to EX shape, though. Plenty of minty condition, but if it's ultra rare and still "playable," sometimes I'll take it. They'll do until I can find suitable replacement.

I like and collect the harder psych type stuff, 70s/80s punk/hc, metal, etc.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
During the mid-seventies I got a little bored with the U.S. releases and started buying imports. Birth Control was one of the first bands I got into because I liked the heavy organ and guitar combination so a friend suggested Omega.
I bought Omega III and liked it so I started buying the other titles that I listed earlier. I would have eventually bought more of their albums but I left the record store in '77 and my record buying slowed down considerably.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Understandable. Sticking to one region of the world can get a tad boring. The import stuff is typically the heavier or more progressive stuff, anyway.

I've been working in a record store for the last year and a half. It's benefited my collection tremendously.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I worked at Licorice Pizza records in '75, '76 and '77 and that's where a lot of my seventies albums came from.
My store was the top in sales out of sixteen stores so I got a lot of freebies from the labels including quite a few promos.
I gotta tell you, working at a record store in the mid-seventies was about the best job a music freak could have.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
I worked at Licorice Pizza records in '75, '76 and '77 and that's where a lot of my seventies albums came from.
My store was the top in sales out of sixteen stores so I got a lot of freebies from the labels including quite a few promos.
I gotta tell you, working at a record store in the mid-seventies was about the best job a music freak could have.

Incredible!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online