Register to remove these ads

Omega - III (1974)

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by Nololob, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ElPatanico

ElPatanico Dad Rockin Man

I'd love to see THAT collection! I have around 5,000 or so records, but not all the 60's and 70's stuff is mint, as most of it I find used. Still in VG+ to EX shape, though. Plenty of minty condition, but if it's ultra rare and still "playable," sometimes I'll take it. They'll do until I can find suitable replacement.

I like and collect the harder psych type stuff, 70s/80s punk/hc, metal, etc.

2. Chevelle

Chevelle Protected Witness

During the mid-seventies I got a little bored with the U.S. releases and started buying imports. Birth Control was one of the first bands I got into because I liked the heavy organ and guitar combination so a friend suggested Omega.
    I bought Omega III and liked it so I started buying the other titles that I listed earlier. I would have eventually bought more of their albums but I left the record store in '77 and my record buying slowed down considerably.

3. ElPatanico

Understandable. Sticking to one region of the world can get a tad boring. The import stuff is typically the heavier or more progressive stuff, anyway.

I've been working in a record store for the last year and a half. It's benefited my collection tremendously.

4. Chevelle

Chevelle Protected Witness

I worked at Licorice Pizza records in '75, '76 and '77 and that's where a lot of my seventies albums came from.
    My store was the top in sales out of sixteen stores so I got a lot of freebies from the labels including quite a few promos.
    I gotta tell you, working at a record store in the mid-seventies was about the best job a music freak could have.

5. ElPatanico

Incredible!