OGWT New Years Eve

jhatter

Reaction score
The Old Grey Whistle Test put out a show on New Years Eve around about 1983/4/5 which was basically them playing videos and clips from the show.

I can remember some of the songs played:
Marillion - Garden Party
Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive
EBTG - Native Land
The Smiths - this Charming Man
The Fish Head song....

But does anyone have a more complete list or remember other songs played?

Thanks, in anticipation of your replies.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
He means around 1984, 1985 or 1986 MP rather than 5th April/4th May 1984 (if that's what you were thinking :))

There was a New Year's Eve special shown '87 to early hours of '88, are you sure it wasn't then? As far as I know on New Year's Eve concerts by one band/artist were usually shown, but the show ended in 1987, hence the special with various artists the end of that year. Hotel California by The Eagles, live from 1977, and Bat Out of Hell by Meat Loaf were two of the songs on it.

ziggy2162

Reaction score
The Old Grey Whistle Test put out a show on New Years Eve around about 1983/4/5 which was basically them playing videos and clips from the show.

I can remember some of the songs played:
Marillion - Garden Party
Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive
EBTG - Native Land
The Smiths - this Charming Man
The Fish Head song....

But does anyone have a more complete list or remember other songs played?

Thanks, in anticipation of your replies.
i actually video taped the whole show and have the VHS in my hand now but i aint got a recorder to play it on. lol im tryin to think who was on. ZZ Top were on doing TVDinners , Style Council Long hot Summer, Cocteau Twins Pearly dewdrop drops, bollocks im gonna have to get a VHS Player to get the rest!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online