1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of Monsters And Men

Discussion in '2010's Music' started by Soot and Stars, May 3, 2012.

1. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I finally listened to this full album by this group and it's great! It was all over Spotify and I'd dabbled with the single "Little Talks" which I had liked! That song in particularly reminded me of a Ska-ish version of Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros. Either one has music you could dance through the desert in your sandles and Burkenstocks without a care in the world. I'm in no way a hippy but the music playing nowadays I'm on board. Anyway, before I play you the following track let me say what caught me beyond the single is the variety of styles of the album "My Head Is An Animal" has. It's obviously influenced once again by the above mentioned, Mumford and Sons, vastly by Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, Hell even Sigur Ros! So listen away to another future 2012 classic:

[​IMG]

The Single

Standout Tracks

Current fans and possibly new this is the time for thoughts, feedback and getting bapeized under this groups sound! :grinthumb

2. Syd

Syd Senior Member

Little Talks is a great song! I also thought of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros when I heard it, I actually thought it was them so it took me a while finding the song jaja. I downloaded the album but haven't listened to it yet. Maybe I should put it someday soon.

3. Soot and Stars

Good Syd, I'm glad I'm not crazy (in this case at least :D) You really should listen to the whole album! I had heard the single and kind of passed it off as it really seemed to resemble a lot of the other artist I'd been hearing but when you hear the album it's a lot more diverse. :)

4. zephead

zephead Scream for CREAM!

Nice! I like the sound of what little I've listened to so far. I started out with Little talks and I liked it and started to go down the list from Dirty Paws, King and Lionheart, and currently listening to Mountain Side..

5. Taboo

Taboo Toward the Within

Oh I'm liking these guys so far.. Thanks for posting this Sooty :grinthumb

6. Soot and Stars

Thank you both for checking them out! I've yet to buy the album but it's on my list for next Amazon order or downstate shopping trip! I've listened to it a number of times on Spotify and it's a great album! :grinthumb

7. Metal Head Mike

Metal Head Mike Senior Member

I'll have to get this. Liked the tracks you posted

8. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

Of Monsters and Men is an indie folk/indie pop band from Iceland. The band members are co-singer/guitarist Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir, co-singer/guitarist Ragnar “Raggi” Þórhallsson, guitarist Brynjar Leifsson, drummer Arnar Rósenkranz Hilmarsson, piano/accordion player Árni Guðjónsson, and bassist Kristján Páll Kristjánsson.

Little Talks

Slow And Steady

Yellow Light

9. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

Thanks for merging Sooty and sorry for repeating the youtube clips!

10. Soot and Stars

No problem! It just shows which songs you like and maybe more people will pay attention to the band now that the thread has a resurgence! :cheers2