Obscure Gems From The "Classic" Prog/Rock Era

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Don't listen to critics, most of them says shit. :heheh:

I really like this krautrock, Jupitar & Beyond is the best so far.

So true, I have seen this a couple times ..Critics say an album is not from the 70's ..was recorded in "....." but have no proof what so ever of that claim :rolleyes:

If they are going to make these acquisitions they need evidences to back it up.

joe

Reaction score
^^^I can see it recorded in 1973. Other German/krautrock/progressive electronic artists from the same day, for example Can, NEU! and Tangerine Dream, achieved similar sounds and ambiences with the recording equipment available at that time. From my experiences alot of very rare/obscure vinyl comes myths and hype. Some of it true, some of it BS.

joe

Reaction score
Krautrock/heavy progsters Gomorrha released three albums in the early '70's with thier first two more of a psych sound with the title track from the second album, Trauma(1971) showcasing the heavy psych/prog/blues that would dominate on the next album, I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was(1972). Heavy on the organ interluded with great guitar pyrotechnics in a experimental jam.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I downloaded Trauma ages ago, but didn't pay much attention on it. From what I hear in here that's pretty good. Definitely better sound than Trauma.

joe

Reaction score
Really no comparison IMO Nolo. I Turned To See Whose Voice It Was is more in the vein of Night Sun and some Purple passages as well. More proto-metal than thier first two releases.

joe

Reaction score
No lyrics in this tune Nolo. It does have that eerie, spooky ambience. I'll be back with more tomorrow as I have to fly. NHL playoffs are a priority.:D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Reminds me a bit of early Omega, especially first album Trombitás Frédi és a rettenetes emberek. Not really into garage era to be honest.
Once I mentioned Omega... some of the songs are in English, but mainly Hungarian.

joe

Reaction score
Just got a chance to listen to some your tracks you posted. I've heard some Omega quite some time ago but forgot what they sounded like. Reminds me alot of Deep Purple Mk.1. The guitar and keys especially. What are you favs? Some music of different languages does disconnect me but not always.

Locomotiv GT is funky, groovy bluesy heavy prog. Fantastic. Really enjoyed "Rock Yourself." What album should I start off with Nolo?

I guess there's a whole slew of these bands from the late 60's/70's/80's that were behind the Iron Curtain that didn't get the music "out" to the west during that era. Basically I'm ignorant on Eastern European rock.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Omega has released more than 10 albums in English, but those are "compilations" from their albums in Hungarian. They were influenced by Uriah Heep and Deep Purple through 70s.

I highly recommend 200 Years After The Last Year. Suite is a masterpiece IMO.

Omega+-+200+Years+After+the+Last+War+FRENTE.jpg

Then Skyrover

Omega_-_Skyrover_t.jpg

and III

omega+iii.jpg

Those are my favourite "English language" albums.

When it comes to Locomotiv GT - I don't know much about this band myself, I only know they exist and few members were in Omega for the first 3 albums. We both should try "Ringasd el magad" and s/t first.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online