Oasis (Official Thread)

ecisgod

Reaction score
Personally, I think "Be Here Now' is better than "Definitely Maybe" but I accept that I'm in the minority on that one.

I agree CM. Be here now is a great album and has some of my favourite Oasis tracks such as:

Girl in a dirty shirt
All around the world
Magic Pie
I hope I think I know
Don't go away

The following are quotes from the brothers talking about the album...which apparently during recording was an absolute shit show and the band was full of drugs and fights and just general happy happy happy! :gig

Noel noted that his brother "thinks it ****ing rocks." In the same documentary, Liam defended the record, and said that "at that time we thought it was ****ing great, and I still think it's great. It just wasn't Morning Glory."

In 2006, Liam said of Noel, "If he didn't like the record that much, he shouldn't have put the ****ing record out in the first place ... I don't know what's up with him but it's a top record, man, and I'm proud of it—it's just a little bit long.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I liked Oasis. I miss them. I even liked 2005's Don't Believe The Truth and 2008's Dig Out Your Soul, their last effort. Never got a chance to see them live. Wish the 2 brothers hadn't kept fighting like a couple of neanderthal hooligans and kept the band together! :D

Noel's HFB from 2011 was quite good. Looking forward to HFB's next one?!

On the other hand, I never gave Liam's Beady Eye a chance. Dunno, never got around to it.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Saw them 12 times between 2000 - 2009. 5 times alone in 2005 on the Dig Out Your Soul Tour.

Met Noel and Liam. Liam was a true gent.

Bit of a marmite band in terms of appeal. Either love them or hate them. Never matched their UK popularity anywhere else in the World. Real shame IMO.

The 2000 live album Familiar Too Millions is definitely worth a listen.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Saw them 12 times between 2000 - 2009. 5 times alone in 2005 on the Dig Out Your Soul Tour.

Met Noel and Liam. Liam was a true gent.

Bit of a marmite band in terms of appeal. Either love them or hate them. Never matched their UK popularity anywhere else in the World. Real shame IMO.

The 2000 live album Familiar Too Millions is definitely worth a listen.

They were popular here!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about giving Oasis another listen, just haven't had much time lately.

When I do play the 2 albums people rate as their best I will be back.;)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about giving Oasis another listen, just haven't had much time lately.

When I do play the 2 albums people rate as their best I will be back.;)

No doubt that What's The Story Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe are the best ones. But you may like 2005's classic rock-sounding Don't Believe The Truth if you give it a listen. Notable songs: Lyla, Mucky Fingers (both sound a bit like the Rolling Stones), The Importance Of Being Idle, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel, Turn Up The Sun. Enjoyable album!

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I was laughing out loud listening to the comments Noel makes when he is watching Oasis’ UK single music videos :gig ................. LG, you’re going to love this ............. Not! :heheh: Don't listen to this if you hate hearing the F**K word :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:oyea:

That was hilarious Sunny, my respect for Noel has gone up a notch I agree with him about the whole video shooting experience for most bands, they cost way too much and most of the time are eminently forgettable.

He does use the f-bomb a lot, not sure if that's common in England or just him 'avving a go and being in the moment.;)

Thanks for sharing that Sunny.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Yeah great stuff Sunny!!...proving its not Noel with the ego,but a good sense of humour.He is right videos should never be taken seriously.We all remember Beavis and Butthead tearing them apart...Iam sure Liam would slag those OASIS vids off aswell

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
^^:oyea:

That was hilarious Sunny, my respect for Noel has gone up a notch I agree with him about the whole video shooting experience for most bands, they cost way too much and most of the time are eminently forgettable.

He does use the f-bomb a lot, not sure if that's common in England or just him 'avving a go and being in the moment.;)

Thanks for sharing that Sunny.

The 'F' word has been part of normal every-day conversation over the years for both Noel and Liam. That's why live interviews with either of them would be a complete no-no.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online