Oasis (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Nothing wrong in liking OASIS . Yes Cosmic these guys were massive in the Uk!! ....possibly bit of a backlash at the moment...which can be a good thing I have been picking up their cds at real givaway prices of late and they have made some fine albums :cheers2

dude I`m a do like guy!!!!:oyea:

Noel Gallagher turns down 32.5 million for Oasis reunion.

The fact is that Noel is not over the long feud with his brother and bandmate Liam which peaked on August 28, 2009 at the Rock en Seine in Paris when a backstage fight between the two led to Liam breaking Noel's guitar. Shortly after, their manager cancelled their appearance, the rest of their tour and stated the band "does not exist anymore."

It's almost as if Noel is doing everything he can to punish Liam, who is going through an expensive divorce. A source told the Daily Mail "There have been several intermediaries from their respective camps working very hard indeed to reach some form of agreement but Noel isn't budging and a working solution between the brothers simply can't be found."

Music-News.com
ooops well that's cool in my book as he`s being himself not the money.

You got the two best ones, no doubt about it!
yes there two classic Oasis album but there are others which are aas good as those two imho...:bow::oyea::grinthumb

Personally, I think "Be Here Now' is better than "Definitely Maybe" but I accept that I'm in the minority on that one.
yes that's possible true to some others I`m with you on this...:bow:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
are there anyone whom likes Ian Brown, Ocean Colour Scene, Stone Roses and The Coral

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm no one here seem to ever!

You could make a couple official threads and introduce us to them :).

A lot of 90's bands have passed me by..........because in the 90's I was into country rock & country music

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
You could make a couple official threads and introduce us to them :).

A lot of 90's bands have passed me by..........because in the 90's I was into country rock & country music

I`ll see what to do I like both styles of Country dude...:bow::grinthumb

Beady Eye

Reaction score
Where to start? Definitely maybe one of my favourite bands. "Be here now" might not have been up to the predecessors' standards, but the title track ranks among their best songs ever.
"Live Forever", "Champagne Supernova", "Cigarettes and Alcohol" are obvious picks, but even their later work contains some gems like the beautiful ballad "I'm outta time".

The biggest tragedy besides two brothers not getting along with each other is that Noel wasted so many great songs on B-sides instead of using them on "Be Here Now" to make the beat go on.
"Acquiesce" and "The Masterplan" on that record would have kept Brit Pop alive beyond 1997.
Check out those songs on youtube if you don't know them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zCwvCmA5Ng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O9Lg7hEjGI&index=14&list=PLUdRgLniebHhMexvR3hx37jO52KqLa_as
(youtube links are allowed, right?)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I eventually got around to picking up (What's the Story) Morning Glory and have played it a few times and when I listen to it, I think it's so Pink Floyd in some ways like their Noisy guitar for example reminded me of "The Nile Song", fortunately they don't sing like Roger Waters in those Loud songs and the two false tracks are not much different from the Radio tuning sequence into "Wish You were here" merely variations of a theme.

One of the Songs on (What's the story) Morning Glory also features a Helicopter in it, which someone recently stating that Pink Floyd were the only band to have done that on one of their tracks from the Wall, perhaps Pink Floyd may have been the first to capture that sound of a travelling helicopter though their speakers, though Oasis have got it here as well on Morning Glory and also have another band using the Helicopter sound in their album as well, but I'm unsure if it's as complete as those other albums.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online