Nosound (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Nosound are a progressive rock band who combine influences of 1970's psychedelia, 1980/1990's ambient and contemporary alternative post progressive rock. They have a sound along the lines of Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, and Sigur Ros. In my opinion, that's a large gap in between genres that they are going for, but they pull it off. It's calming and easy to listen to. Just think ambient/post-rock and prog combined. I haven't been listening to them long, but i've been listening to them long enough to see that they do have talent. Plus, it's a combination of my two favorite genres in music, so you can't exactly go wrong there.

Website: NOSOUND - band's official website - www.nosound.net

NOSOUND

combo.jpg

xroads.jpg

DISCOGRAPHY

Radici (1998)
Maslova (2001)
Waves On Russia (2002)
sol29 (2005)
Slow, It Goes (2006)
sol29 (2008 Remaster) (2008)
Lightdark (2008)
A Sense of Loss (2009)
sol29 (2010 Remaster) (2010)
The Northern Religion of Things (2011)
Afterthoughts (2013)

Last edited by a moderator:

rofus

Reaction score
complete640.png

Soundcloud teaser: https://soundcloud.com/nosound/afterthoughts-album-teaser
Youtube teaser: NOSOUND - Afterthoughts (the new studio album) - YouTube

Nosound return in May 2013 with their new studio album, Afterthoughts. For the album Giancarlo Erra and the band have been joined by the former Porcupine Tree and Blackfield drummer, Chris Maitland.

Afterthoughts is the Nosound's fourth studio album, their first since 2009's A Sense Of Loss.

Giancarlo has been writing material for Afterthoughts over the past two years but a series line up changes in late 2012 have shaped the way in which the record has evolved. Firstly Chris agreed to join the band and shortly after this Marianne De Chastelaine came on board to add cello parts to the album. Following this Marco Berni (keyboards) and Giulio Caneponi (drums) were also welcomed as full time members of the band joining Paolo Vigliarolo (guitars) and Alessandro Luci (bass).

Giancarlo has talked about the sense of enthusiasm these changes brought and the effect it had on the album; 'when we met for the second phase of the writing process, when we selected and arranged the material, it involved a total and immediate agreement within all of us, we immediately felt we were doing the right thing'.

Maitland also appeared on At The Pier and his powerful and inventive drumming has added a new dimension to the Nosound dynamic which is sure to impress fans, new and old. Giancarlo has stated that, 'in some way I feel this album is more 'direct' and powerful, and this is naturally reflected in both music and lyrics.'

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.