Nofx

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
NOFX

NOFX.jpg

NOFX is punk rock band from San Francisco, California, formed in 1983 in Los Angeles. Vocalist and bassist Fat Mike and guitarist Eric Melvin formed the band. Drummer Erik Sandin joined them shortly afterward. In 1991 El Hefe joined to play lead guitar and trumpet making up the current line up.
They do very few interviews and have only made a few music videos, citing the fact that they do not need any more exposure and that people were exploiting them.
In recent years Fat Mike has been open to more interviews, including four different interviews with Nardwuar between 2002 and 2006. They have also refused permission for their music videos to be played on MTV, VH1, and similar music channels, although they made a live appearance on NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien in 2004.
On the album Heavy Petting Zoo the credits call on MTV, along with major labels, to "Leave us the **** alone."

Very good band, very funny, but when they want to be serious they are very dangerous.

Members
Fat Mike - lead vocals, bass guitar, keyboards (1983–present)
Eric Melvin - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (1983–present)
Erik Sandin - drums, percussion (1983–1985, 1986–present)
El Hefe - lead guitar, trumpet, backing vocals (1991–present)

Studio albums

Maximum RocknRoll
Liberal Animation
S&M Airlines
Ribbed
White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean
Punk in Drublic
Heavy Petting Zoo
So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes
Pump Up the Valuum
The War on Errorism

Wolves in Wolves' Clothing
Coaster

*bold means the best albums

Also check out, 45 or 46 Songs That Weren't Good Enough to Go on Our Other Records and The Greatest Songs Ever Written (By Us!)

Last edited:

Reaction score
NOFX is a very cool band:grinthumb

my favorites are Franco Unamerican, The Cause, and The Decline... the only album I own is Punk In Drublic, and it is excellent... if only I could remember where it is:rolleyes:

Oblivion

Reaction score
bsi_nofx78.gif

Been walking around with this T-shirt half of the time when I was 16 :D

Berserker

Reaction score
NOFX, rules!!!!!!!!!!

They have a new cd coming out:

Self+Entitled+selfentitled300dpi1500r.jpg

1 72 Hookers
2 I Believe in Goddess
3 Ronnie & Mags
4 She Didn't Lose Her Baby
5 Secret Society
6 I, Fatty
7 Cell Out
8 Down with the Ship
9 My Sycophant Others
10 This Machine Is 4
11 I've Got One Jealous Again, Again
12 Xmas Has Been X'ed

Dr Chocolate

Reaction score
they are pretty good, but i just couldn't get into anything past Punk In Drublic, other then The Decline. saw them on the (i believe) second Warped Tour. which i wasn't all that impressed by, as they only had 40 minutes to play. and spent a good chunk of that time just goofing around. but the best part was Fat Mike trying to sing Hotdog In The Hallway with a mouth full of timbits (aka Donut Holes) and then spitting them all out before the 3rd line. it was an okay show, but i wasn't that impressed.

skip to a real NOFX show in 2011. which i thought was way better as they had all the time they wanted to screw around on stage. years pass by and i havent really listened to much of them. and even tho they played songs i had no idea what they were. it was still a pretty decent show. way better then the warped tour show of 95 (or 96?) but i was a riot to see such a thing as a midgit, with no legs, no arms, and one hell of a mohawk on her. being tossed around in a blanket up on the stage. not sure if it was that noticeable from everywhere in the venue, as it looked like it was kinda back stage, behind the speakers, on the left hand side of the stage. but they played The Decline all the way through. what a great way to end the show. pretty sure that was the first night show in toronto.

oh yeah, another album i liked was HOFX 12"
which i really wish i kept a copy of. because i doubt that's coming back out again.
i doubt that even made into that huge 7" boxset they put out not that long ago.

they are a great band. i would go see them again.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
NOFX, rules!!!!!!!!!!

They have a new cd coming out:

Self+Entitled+selfentitled300dpi1500r.jpg

1 72 Hookers
2 I Believe in Goddess
3 Ronnie & Mags
4 She Didn't Lose Her Baby
5 Secret Society
6 I, Fatty
7 Cell Out
8 Down with the Ship
9 My Sycophant Others
10 This Machine Is 4
11 I've Got One Jealous Again, Again
12 Xmas Has Been X'ed

NOFX RULEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Oh Yeah They DOOOO @Berserker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YEAH!!!!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
NOFX sadly cannot understand why only so few people here like this band there's songs are full on in your face punk they'll get me pogoing around the house while I'm listening and alone lol they're my three punk!

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
been giving this a blast..............

Attachments

• 515A5X3D4TL.jpg
    515A5X3D4TL.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 3

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members