Nocturnal Rites (Official Thread)

MusicMistress

Reaction score
nocturnal_rites_logo.gif

Nocturnal+Rites.jpg

Nocturnal Rites Official Website

I didn't see this fabulous Swedish power metal band on the forum, therefore, I am going to introduce you to them.

This band started out playing Death Metal, of which didn't prove to be the best business or musical decision, and have since changed their format to speed/power metal. Their vocals are clean, and they are masters of the double pedal and crunching guitars...(I stole that line from Lord Grendel).

They are very similar to the style of Helloween and have toured with Gamma Ray, Nightwish, and Hammerfall. Nocturnal Rites has recorded and released 8 studio albums, all of them are outstanding........so lets begin with the first release of 1995.

Albums
In a Time of Blood and Fire (1995 )
Tales of Mystery and Imagination (1997)
The Sacred Talisman (1999)
Afterlife (2000 )
Shadowland (2002)
New World Messiah (2004 )
Grand Illusion (2005 )
The 8th Sin (2007)

turnal_Rites_-_In_A_Time_Of_Blood_And_Fire_-_Front.jpg

In A Time of Blood and Fire

Opening Track of Album

Album Title Track

If you are into speed/power metal with some symphonic influences, please check this band out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Nocturnal Rites

Sorry I am late MusicMistress...:bonk:

They sound like my kind of metal band, thank gawd they moved from the dark side to the lighter side. I will have to look around and see what's out there.:grinthumb

MusicMistress

Reaction score

1997 saw the release of Nocturnal Rites second album, "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"

(I love this album title and artwork)

Nocturnal_Rites_Tales_of_mystery_and_imagination.jpg

This album is very 80's, and along the lines of Iron Maiden. The solos in this album are better than anything from Malmsteen, IMO.

The intro to this song is very misleading, at about 1:20 the guitars will be in your face!

The riffs in "Lost in Time" are great, and the solos are mind blowing

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a great piece of cover art, Metal bands have cornered the market when it comes to that aspect of the music business.

I am definitely interested in checking these guys out, even if it's only MP3's for now.

MusicMistress

Reaction score

The 3rd release of 1999 and the last album with lead singer, Anders Zackrisson, The Sacred Talisman:

Nocturnal+Rites+-+The+Sacred+Talisman+%281999%29.jpg

This would prove to be an album of the band's softer power metal. This album puts me in mind of some of the work of Hammerfall. If you liked Hammerfall's "Legacy of Kings" then you will definitely like this album.

The best song on the album, IMO

A beautiful ballad

A firey opening to the album

MusicMistress

Reaction score

Nocturnal Rites 4th album release:

Afterlife.jpg

This album brings a new vocalist, Johnny Lindkvist. The band didn't break any new ground with this album, but the music has a nice flow from song to song. This album is a bit heavier than The Sacred Talisman, I would compare this album to Iced Earth or Nevermore. The guitars are very chunky and deep. Another great album!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I finally have some of their albums now, so I can follow you along in here MM.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Finally got to Nocturnal Rites this week as well. The album I started with was "Shadowland".

First I want to thank MusicMistress for telling me about them they are definitely my kind of metal band and I am so glad they switched from "Death" to "Power/Heavy" metal.:D

I've played Shadowland three times over the last three days, and can recommend them to anyone who likes Gamma Ray or Helloween or Hammerfall.

Sorry to go out of sequence MM, but this one was the most highly thought of album on two of the metal boards I checked out.

Nocturnal%2BRites%2B-%2BShadowland%2B%282002%29.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Shadowland is their last really good CD IMO. I have the entire discography up until Shadowland. I really like all the ones I own but I am majorly disappointed in the newer watered down material that followed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online