Nirvana - Live at Reading DVD

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
--The Nirvana Live at Reading Concert / DVD--

(1) Review it!
(2) Rate it! (1-5) (*****) or (***1/2)

I personally thought it was a fantastic concert, one of the best by the most-influential grunge band of the 90's. There was headbanging from Kurt, Dave, Krist, as well as the audience alike. They performed all of their songs very well, but not too well, because they aren't necessarily the first band who's main focus is perfection. Before they started playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit", they played a short 10-second cover of "More Than a Feeling" by Boston, which originally developed from the band being out-of-sync with eachother, and Kurt playing the wrong guitar notes. This really lightened the mood of the concert, and definately made me laugh. Even though it wasn't planned.

Another reason why I like this concert / dvd so much is because it was set in 1993, almost exactly one year before Kurt's death, so it lets us catch a glimpse of him playing one great show with Nirvana, which was performed somewhat close to his unexpected, and tragic suicidal death.

My Rating: ****

reading_large.jpg

Last edited:

fielding

Reaction score
I've watched bits of this. Pretty impressive that the crowd was singing along to the song "Lithium" I think it was. This will be one I'll have to get soon...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.