Nightwish (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Nightwish

Then break the list down to Epica, Within Tempation and After Forever I guess :heheh:

All those bands are in the same style or this genre. But I did say Nightwish does it the best and IMO no one REALLY sounds like them. No One...and that's a good thing. There should only be ONE Nightwish.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I listened to one of the newer Epica releases a while back and it had no solos at all :rolleyes:

Can you give me some album recs from those three before mentioned bands that most match my
description ? :cheers2

rtbuck

Reaction score

MP, Nightwish is great!! I only have Angels Fall First & Dark Passion Play but I love both albums. I remember you having a photo of them as your sig at one time & I decided to check them out...I'm glad I did!

Cinder

Reaction score

I love Nightwish, I know they arnt the same without Tarja, she was Phenomenal but I agree Annette isnt doing a bad job and Tarja has carried on in her own right doing her own stuff which of course is also awesome.

I wish I had seen them when they came to the UK but at the time they came over they werent that well known and so I missed out, more fool me :-(

Last edited:

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score

Old nigth wish is better...........

Now nightwish is very very bad singer is singing like ship

maiiiii

maiiiiiii

lol...[i think]

mjolinor

Reaction score

Nightwish is one of my favorite bands, and i like them with Tarja Turunen by far

Nemo is the best

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I absolutely LOVE Nightwish! :) I have all their albums with Tarja (not heard anything with Annette yet), but Century Child and Once are my favourites.

I'd recommend anyone new to Nightwish to start off with Century Child as it's a really easy album to get into. I started off with Wishmaster, which I love now but originally I didn't like it much at all. Someone advised I try Century Child, and as soon as I heard it, I fell in love with it :)

They are amazing live too, I've seen them twice and was even lucky enough to meet them at Download 2005 :)

I'm gutted that they got rid of Tarja, that was a real shame :( As yet though I am unable to compare her style with Annette's, but I am eager to get their newer stuff in the hope that I will love it as much as the older stuff :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online