Nicki Minaj VS Steven Tyler

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

The new season of ‘American Idol‘ hasn’t even started yet, but outgoing judge Steven Tyler is already unimpressed by his replacements — and it sounds like at least one of them is just as scornful of Tyler.

The Aerosmith frontman weighed in on the upcoming episodes of the show during a recent interview with MTV, comparing new judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey to himself and his fellow ‘Idol’-makers during his years sitting in on the singing contest. Saying he thinks talent “needs to be birthed, not judged by ‘entertainment’ factors, it needs to be judged by people that [are] honest, true, that have the ‘it’ factor,” Tyler went on to express doubt regarding Minaj in particular.

“These kids, they just got out of a car from the Midwest somewhere and they’re in New York City, they’re scared to death; you’re not going to get the best [out of them],” Tyler argued. “If it was Bob Dylan, Nicki Minaj would have had him sent to the cornfield!”

Needless to say, Minaj didn’t appreciate Tyler’s remarks, and she took to Twitter to vent her frustrations, telling followers, “Steven Tyler said I would have sent Bob Dylan to a cornfield??? Steven, you haven’t seen me judge one single solitary contestant yet!”

She went on to make a few assumptions about why Tyler said what he said, adding, “You assume that I wouldn’t have liked Bob Dylan??? why? black? rapper? what? go f— yourself and worry about yourself babe.” Finally, she concluded, “When Steven 1st went on Idol he was ridiculed by his peers & fans alike. Called a sell out. So what does he do? Ridicule the next judge.”

Strong feelings from both of them, we guess, but we’re not taking sides — in fact, now we’re just interested in seeing what would happen if Bob Dylan was a judge on ‘Idol.’

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know who this Nicki person was so I checked it out on youtube....

now isn't it ironic that this person is judging a singing competition?...:pullhair:

get rid of the AUTOTUNE!!!! show us how you really sound like!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just love reality TV drama......

:oyea:

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I think Minaj would be better suited to judge a show like X Factor, which seems to emphasize entertainment factor whereas Idol is more voice-centered. She also comes off as an arrogant beyotch at times but I do like her music. It's pretty catchy.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I can understand Mariah being one of the judges because she had a magnificent voice back in her prime days, but Nicki? She can't even sing...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Minaj would be better suited to judge a show like X Factor, which seems to emphasize entertainment factor whereas Idol is more voice-centered. She also comes off as an arrogant beyotch at times but I do like her music. It's pretty catchy.

In her Pepsi ads, she looked like a plastic black barbie doll. If she wants to look and sound fake, then so be it :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
She did, and she just comes off as a bad attitude brat like Rihanna. I don't care for her personally but I never mix my feelings on an artist with their music and I find her Pink Friday album to be pretty cool.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't listened to any of her music other than what is on the commercials.......

I doubt I will either :D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Personally I have no interest in watching the next season. The past four or five winners have been boring "WGWG's" (white guys with guitars) who have had little success. If I hear "Home" one more time, I may gouge my eardrums out.

But if Her Royal Drunkenness Paula Abdul came back I may have to watch. :grinthumb:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online