Nickelback - All the Right Reasons (2005)

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
picture.php

Nickelback - All the Right Reasons

Before listening to this album the whole way through, I had mixed feelings towards Chad Kroeger and company at Nickelback. The song How You Remind Me, at the time, I was totally sick of, having heard it on the radio umpteen billion kazillion times. On the other hand, the Kroeger written song done with Santana, entitled Into the Night added a modern edge to Santana's classic style, which I thought worked really well.

After much "umming" and "ahhing" about this band, and a bit of prodding from my mates, I decided to give this album a go, and it's actually not bad. What pushed me over the edge, I must admit, was the fact that Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top fame appears on two tracks on the album. I figured if it was good enough for Gibbons, it was good enough for me :heheh:

Anyway, many of the tracks are quite good on the album. Far Away, a number one hit from the album is quite good and not overplayed in my part of the world, and their tribute to the late Dimebag Darrell, entitled Side of a Bullet is a very good song as well, with some nice riffs.

Interestingly enough, without finding out till afterwards, the two tracks that struck me the most during first listen were the opener Follow You Home, and the closer Rockstar, which were the two songs featuring Gibbons. I just found that interesting.

Other songs worth listening to are Animals and Savin' Me.

On the flip side, probably the most well-known song on the album, Photograph (no relation to the Ringo Starr song of the same name) is extremely tiresome, and I fail to see how it became so popular. Also, the album as a whole is a mild stretch as far as getting through the whole thing is concerned. Usually midway through I tend to get sick of it and move onto something else, which is definitely not a plus for the album.

Overall, I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. Solid album, but nothing fancy, and fails to hold interest for the whole way through.

Note: I wrote this at 2 AM local time, because I couldn't sleep. If anything doesn't make sense, that is probably the reason :)

Reaction score
Re: Nickelback ~ All the Right Reasons

I like How You Remind Me and that is it, and that is mostly for sentimental value...... and yeah, and (off another album) Rock Star.... ugh... played to death awful commercial crap IMO....

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Good review, Feldy!

I like Nickelback, despite all the negative criticism they get. Just because a band is commercially sucessful, doesn't make their music bad. They have a forumula that seems to work for them.

I have this album, heck I have the whole discography :)

Reaction score

Good review, Feldy!

I like Nickelback, despite all the negative criticism they get. Just because a band is commercially sucessful, doesn't make their music bad. They have a forumula that seems to work for them.

I have this album, heck I have the whole discography :)

:wtf:

I don't understand what you...people...you Nickleback lovers:heheh: like about them... I don't even find really any of their songs to have a good hook or catchy or anything, I can not find one thing to redeem them, it all just sounds very half assed to me

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Chad Kroger....he has a cool voice. The songs are catchy, that is what sells them. I feel the strong point besides Chad is the lyrics. They write some good stuff.

Reaction score

Chad Kroger....he has a cool voice. The songs are catchy, that is what sells them. I feel the strong point besides Chad is the lyrics. They write some good stuff.

I just think it all sounds so cheesy, and almost like "it would be good if they tried" but eh.. not my thing I guess:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:heheh: Evidently not, Eberg :D You know when you think about it, though, Nickelback is one of those bands that appeals to females.........:grinthumb

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

I actually will fall under the guys who like Nickleback.. and I have to say.. So far all the stuff that is not about "liking" the band is directed at Chad and his singing..
And it's more relievent that youngsters don't seem to like the band do to his vocals.. Even Canadians who I know who are around teen age have nothing good to say about the band..Well.. Well.. Us old fogies seem to just like Nickleback..
here's my input and i have to say.
I got into them when I bought a MTV CD comp with a few Nickleback tracks added..
I like Chad vocals.. and the band is Okie dokie to me..

They were at Sturgis.. For all you Biker people.. This was a good thing..:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I like Nickelback, too, for another reason.......they are predictable. I know when I spin a Nickelback album, exactly what I am going to hear. The music doesn't set a mood or alter a mood, it is just something that makes you feel good. If any of that makes sense :heheh:

Reaction score

:heheh: Evidently not, Eberg :D You know when you think about it, though, Nickelback is one of those bands that appeals to females.........:grinthumb

*goes out to buy the entire discography*

maybe that's my problem....
:spit:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online