New URIAH HEEP - Living The Dream

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I have heard it said that Freddie Mercury of Queen took note of David Byron's 'operatic vocal delivery' when he formed Queen?.

A sad ending to David Byron who after quitting Uriah Heep I believe ended up with personal and health problems living in a council house in Maidenhead in Berkshire (30 miles west of London) where I believe he may have died?.

Indeed he did and King Diamond's favorite vocalist happens to be David Byron. He has influenced many.

Yeah, Byron was a bad drunk from what I have gathered and it must've killed him.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah, Byron was a bad drunk from what I have gathered and it must've killed him.
I have a softback book detailing David Byron's life before, during and after his time with Uriah Heep which I bought around 20 years ago back in the early 2000s I believe?. About 10-12 years ago I did see two cds in HMV in London of David Byron's post Uriah Heep musical recordings with another band and was tempted to buy them both but ultimately passed on them although I presume they maybe still available via Amazon?.

E-Z

Reaction score
Actually I like the John Lawton era as John had a strong voice and the Firefly and Innocent Victim albums are pretty good albums although Fallen Angel has to many short songs on it but the album has a great piece of cover art of a warrior woman. I did read a German guy had that Fallen Angel picture tattoo'd over his back in full and he showed it to Ken Hensley who was very impressed!.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online