New Trolls (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Just hit on this band and they are top banana, a kind of classical meets progressive rock sound.

They are from Italy and formed in the mid 60's and are still around today, here are a few tracks...

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

1968 - Senza orario senza bandiera
1970 - New Trolls (collection of singles)
1971 - Concerto grosso per i New Trolls
1972 - Searching for a land
1972 - Ut

See the Wiki link for titles after they became New Trolls Atomic System, reunion ect.

Apologise if there is a thread for this band:)

New%2BTrolls.jpg

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: New Trolls

Nice one Sweat I could well get into this, I'll have a look round see what's available. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I did a check.....didn't find another thread yet. I did add some links and discopraphy to your OP, as well as check out the tunes.

That's some trippy stuff. I think joe or DKW would probably know these guys.

Seems they did alot of stuff back in the day but slipped under my radar. Cool stuff Sweaty!

:cheers2

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

There stuff is hard to come by, I have seen a box set of 5 of their albums for £20 which is an import on Warners, Great band, wish I had gotten into them years ago:)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

I got my hands on "Concerto grosso per I New Trolls" a few years ago at NEARfest. Good album with some trippy keyboard, flute, organ and fuzzy guitar leads.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score

As I recall, Concerto Grosso Per 1 (1971) and Concerto Grosso no 2 (1976) were soundtracks for Italian films or TV.

My favorite albums were Searching For A Land (2 LP) (1972) and Atomic Systems (1973).
But my overall favorite is Tempi Dispari (1974). It was recorded live at a club and has excellent musicianship and hot solos.

There was some kind of dispute over the band name when Atomic Systems was released.
On my original copy of the LP the name New Trolls was covered with a sticker that read "N/T Atomic Systems".

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I need to correct my post from yesterday.
I confused Concerto Grosso with Profondo Rosso by Goblin, an Italian band known for soundtracks.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online