New to the Forum ... NOT TO ROCK

BosPatrollie

80's-a-holic
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have been told, on numerous occasions and by various friends and family members that my name is the first one to pop into their heads when they see, hear or discuss ANYTHING 80's related ... and even more so when it comes to Rock music. I know a couple of people who are die hard Gunners' fans, e.g., and that is fine, but what ****** me off totally is the mentality that NOTHING else is good because 'it ain't G&R Brotha' ... that's not me, at all. I am a rebel ... with or without a cause ...

I have a VERY diversified music love and have songs from just about every bloody genre out there which I love, be it glam, punk, thrash, grunge, country, classical, instrumental, pop, rave, house, r&b, rap, hip-hop and the list can continue for days-on-end ... but the moral of it all?

IF I HAD TO CHOOSE ONE TYPE OF MUSIC TO BE STUCK WITH FOREVER AND BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO THAT, ONLY THAT AND NOTHING ELSE FOR ALL ETERNITY ... IT WOULD BE 70'S AND 80'S ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

I am caught quite often with that vague expression and daft grin on my face when I think of the first time I got the chords correct for Bad Moon Rising ... or the absolute mess my heart was left in after a girl denied my request to dance and then danced with some other idiot on Def Leppard - Bringin' on the Heartbreak ... or the sheer shock-value (I still don't know WHY) delivered when I jumped up and down the house's hallway listening to Motorhead's Ace of Spades on my Walkman and singing along to the top of my lungs' capacity.

If only I could go back there and relive those years over and over, I would. I loved the fashion, the glam, the 'breaking-free' mentality, the rebel-with-or-without-a-cause years. I loved buying 2 jeans ... one white and one black and then unstitching them and swapping the legs around so I would have 1 denim with a white left leg and black right leg ... and another with a black left leg and a white right leg. I loved wearing my ear piercing (left, mind you) with a silver cross dangling from it with a plain t-shirt and a checkered shirt over it, but unbuttoned, having my 'John Lennons' shades (as I used to call them) and my 'bandanna' on, strapping a pair of my fav' jeans and a pair of Cat's on my feet, walkman clipped to my belt and my rock music blasting away over those earphones until the cassette would start to stretch ... Replace the cassette ('dub' it from the LP to the cassette) and it all starts again ...

Last edited:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Welcome BossPatrollie!
70's and 80's rock,huh?A seemingly endless number of really great tunes there.Particularly the 70's,but I do recall hearing many great releases during my coming-of-age- years in the 80's...............

metalife

Reaction score
pop, rave, house, r&b, rap, hip-hop

:wa No. Just no.

Otherwise, welcome to CRF. I'm pretty new here myself and close to your age.

Apart from the aforementioned 'no's', you've got some interesting tastes. Look forward to chatting in the various threads on this site.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice to have you join us BosPatrollie.:hab:

Mondaychild

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Bos....welcome!! I'm new too, but have found it to be friendly and fun! I love the 70's and 80's too!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online