New Lita Ford "Crave"

rtbuck

Reaction score
Wow, that is heavy. I like it, but I can only take so much music with that intensity level. But if that's just the single, maybe the rest of the album is toned down a bit.

Makes her stuff from the 80's sound like The Partridge Family by comparison.

Kmet, The whole album is that intense! There's one song out of 15 "Sacred" that is a bit toned down.

I like Lacuna Coil!

rtbuck

Reaction score
Bucky, do you have any other of Lita's albums? If so tell us about them, I don't know anything about her, except in passing.

I have all of Lita Ford's albums & other than the new one (which I said is super heavy) the rest from her are similar. They are your typical hard rock/hair metal with some 80's cheese. It seemed like her albums would have some kick ass tunes & then others that were aimed to be pop metal singles. The one album 'Lita' is probably my least favorite & that was her most popular. It was basically all 80's Cheese & spawned the hits "Kiss Me Deadly","Back to the Cave", & her duet w/ Ozzy "Close My Eyes Forever".
At that point with that album it wasn't about Kick Ass Rock & Roll it was more about Lita & her blonde hair & try to make the female pop icon. I really think it may have had been the Record Company pushing this style because this tune "Can't Catch Me" was also off of the same album & is really what Lita is about in my opinion:

When she was in the Runaways herself & drummer Sandy West were heavy into Sabbath & Deep Purple while Joan Jett was more into a Glam/Punk style.
Lita hated being exploited as Teenage Jailbait back then & wanted to be known for her skills as a guitarist. She was the one girl in the band that you didn't want to cross because she would beat the shit out of you.

After the Runaways split in '79 I never heard about her until her first solo album 'Out For Blood' came out in '83 which I liked alot. It was pretty much in style with what was happening on the Metal Scene in LA. She dated & was engaged to her teen idol Tony Iommi during the 80's & also during the 80's was married to Chris Holmes of WASP so that shows the kind of scene she was into.'Dancin' on the Edge' came out the following year & was similar in style to her first solo album."Gotta Let Go" recieved a pretty good amount of airplay on MTV. Here's "Out For Blood" & "Gotta Let Go:

Lita's follow up to her popular 1988 'Lita' album was 'Stiletto' which came out in 1990.This still had a bit of the pop metal feel to it but was much better & a step back in the right direction.1991 brought us 'Dangerous Curves' which was very similar to the 'Stilletto' style. "Dangerous Curves" does contain my favorite song of hers "Larger than Life""

In 1995 she released 'Black' which was a pretty cool album mixing a darker bluesier metal sound while still reaching for that single on some cuts.
This is my favorite track "Spider Monkey" which has a funkified blues feel:

That's about it on Lita. She always seem to have Kick-ass rock running through her veins but she also always aimed for that hit single on her albums.
The new album she just did what she wanted to do & had a great time making it & she went as dark & heavy as she could

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Thanks for all the info Bucky, I think I will go for her Heaviest CD, and from what you are telling me that is the newest release.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online