New Jeff Lynne solo album ready to roll

David

Reaction score
I beg your pardon...the "rumor" in my post refers to the solo album. The person who posted the rumor - and I emphasize the word "rumor" - that the solo album would come out at the same time as the DVD said it was ironic. After a comment like that, I will keep my news to myself. We will just wait until the official release.
No Annie, share your news please! I appreciate to read your comments!
According to elodiscovery.com, an album will be released this autumn. Check by yourself:
DISCOVERY - welcome to the show - Jeff Lynne & ELO site
I think it's a serious information.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
^^^
Every ELO fan site has posted that. I doubt that it is any more reliable than any other rumor.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
No Annie, share your news please! I appreciate to read your comments!
According to elodiscovery.com, an album will be released this autumn. Check by yourself:
DISCOVERY - welcome to the show - Jeff Lynne & ELO site
I think it's a serious information.

If you listen carefully, at the very beginning of that video from my link above he also mentions that "Rob Caiger is here in the audience", then salutes him "Bob, thanks for the freebie" and Lynn at Showdown told me she wasn't really interested in giving rumors from this website a larger platform, yeah right!

:oyea:

Rick

David

Reaction score
If you listen carefully, at the very beginning of that video from my link above he also mentions that "Rob Caiger is here in the audience", then salutes him "Bob, thanks for the freebie" and Lynn at Showdown told me she wasn't really interested in giving rumors from this website a larger platform, yeah right!

Rick

Lynn Hoskins was not interested??? It's not really a rumor if Rob Caiger was in the audience. I don't understand. I thought the Showdown list was the best place to find ELO news...:wtf:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Rick

Lynn is right.

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Lynn Hoskins was not interested??? It's not really a rumor if Rob Caiger was in the audience. I don't understand. I thought the Showdown list was the best place to find ELO news...:wtf:

Not anymore, there are other insiders like Neil Hannon, then also Laura Lynne, yes his daughter, who out scoop her now and she doesn't like it!

Rick

Last edited:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Not anymore, there are other insiders like Neil Hannon, then also Laura Lynne, yes his daughter, who out scoop her now and she doesn't like it!

Rick

Sorry Rick, but Lynn was right. Nicolas of the Discovery website just apologized on another fan site. He said that Neil did NOT say "ready this autumn", some anonymous person said it.

"Someone heard "ready this autumn" on stage and he sent me an email. When I checked the video, I heard the same but Neil Hannon only said "very exciting". And Melvyn Gale wasn't at the show (the information from the article Beehive City is wrong)."

Nicolas already changed his notice on the Discovery site to read,
"During the show of The Duckworth Lewis Method in London on 17 June, Neil Hannon was wearing a big ELO medal on stage. He announced that a new album will be released soon (a Jeff Lynne solo album...). He met backstage the ELO archivist, Rob Caiger."

As I said, that was my take all along.

Last edited:

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
Sorry Rick, but Lynn was right. Nicolas of the Discovery website just apologized on another fan site. He said that Neil did NOT say "ready this autumn", some anonymous person said it.

"Someone heard "ready this autumn" on stage and he sent me an email. When I checked the video, I heard the same but Neil Hannon only said "very exciting". And Melvyn Gale wasn't at the show (the information from the article Beehive City is wrong)."

Nicolas already changed his notice on the Discovery site to read,
"During the show of The Duckworth Lewis Method in London on 17 June, Neil Hannon was wearing a big ELO medal on stage. He announced that a new album will be released soon (a Jeff Lynne solo album...). He met backstage the ELO archivist, Rob Caiger."

As I said, that was my take all along.

Well, in the video at his site Neil Hannon still clearly says a new ELO album on that stage, Armchair Theatre was never mistaken as an Electric Light Orchestra record before its release, then vice versa with ZOOM being labeled Jeff Lynne solo either!

Rick

Last edited:

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
This story continues to gain traction, 14th one down on their right sidebar at the following link!

BBC - Press Office - BBC Four Autumn and Winter 2010/2011

448_ELO.jpg
ELO – 40 Light Years

Charting the fascinating story of musical genius, singer-songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist and Electric Light Orchestra leader Jeff Lynne, this film celebrates 40 years since ELO's first groundbreaking hit recording.

The programme follows the band through their successes, up to their brand new ELO album – their first for almost 10 years.

With exclusive access to Jeff Lynne, this documentary charts his story from his early years in Birmingham with cult legends the Idle Race, through to his first UK chart success with the Move. It also investigates his international mega-stardom with ELO and beyond, with The Travelling Wilburys – Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, George Harrison and Bob Dylan – Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, the Beatles, Del Shannon, Regina Spektor and many more.
SG

Signed,

Rick

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online