New guy looking for an answer

toolmanmike

Reaction score
What is the name of the rock music tv show that was on late at night. I saw an infomercial a few months ago for dvd's of the show. I can't find any info. I'm an old rock fan. I still listen to my records and add to my collection occasionally. I am a huge Doobie Bros. fan and spent a lot of the 70's listening to Boston and the Elton John "Yellow Brick Road" album. Thanks, toolmanmike

Last edited:

Reaction score
I can't help you with your question, but welcome to the forum, and excellent taste in tunes I'll add

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The last show I saw on infomercial was The Midnight Special! That sounds like it'd be a late night show! :D Anyway, welcome to the forums and I look forward to seeing your regular post! :grinthumb

runtfan

Reaction score
Wow! I'm shocked, toolmanmike...you're a 54 year old music fan and didn't know "Midnight Special"??? I thought everybody who grew up in the 70's with even the slightest interest in popular music watched and loved the Midnight Special. I remember staying up on Friday nights to watch it...great stuff, especially in retrospect. I've been thinking about getting those DVDs myself

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Wow! I'm shocked, toolmanmike...you're a 54 year old music fan and didn't know "Midnight Special"??? I thought everybody who grew up in the 70's with even the slightest interest in popular music watched and loved the Midnight Special. I remember staying up on Friday nights to watch it...great stuff, especially in retrospect. I've been thinking about getting those DVDs myself

:lmao: I don't even know if I'm right Runtfan! I just guessed! It might be more obscure than that! :D

toolmanmike

Reaction score

That's it!!! Thanks for the help. My memory isn't what it used to be. (I grew up in the 70's, remember) LOL I'll be back! toolmanmike

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
The other late night show was Don Kirshner's Rock Concert.
I used to mic the television's speaker and tape the shows.:)

runtfan

Reaction score
:lmao: I don't even know if I'm right Runtfan! I just guessed! It might be more obscure than that! :D

Nah, back in the 70's there weren't alot of music shows on TV - Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert were the big two for live music ( mostly live anyway - as I recall there was some lip synching going on sometimes)...but Midnight Special is the one that offers all the DVDs.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Toolmanmike!

I am glad you got your question answered. This is what happens when you put a bunch of classic rock music fanatics together, everyone learns from each other :D

I hope you enjoy it here, and dont be afraid to post!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online