New Classic Rock Releases

Lynn

Reaction score
With the rise in the "New Wave of Classic Rock", There should be a forum here for New CLassic Rock releases.

I'd like to kick it off with this new release from a female blues/rock singer who has just released her soulful version of Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower".

I'd be interested in hearing some comments from you guys about the New Classic Rock bands and artists you've come across, and how they compare to the original wave of Classic Rock.

Check out this particular track at https://push.fm/link/angelalewisbrown

Lynn

Reaction score
New Classic Rock? That reminds me of this:

That is true in a way, but it is now a recognised genre classification and there are bands around now that are producing new music with a classic rock sound. So what else would you call it?

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I can only think of one group that comes close to a vintage classic rock sound. But that has to do with I really don't spend much time on any music venues available today..
I personally get bored with copy cat bands that try to sound like the old ones.
The one thing I see missing from new bands is LYRICS that have the same vibe as the counter culture songs of the past. It seems either the producers steer away from offensive songs about anti war stuff or the likes, but to me it seems something is missing.
I'm sure this will boot a lot of video's on here proving me wrong, But all I do now days
is go into my music room and put on a album or tape that I have aquired over 50 years of my life..

But Rival Sons..For you..

Lynn

Reaction score
It's really helpful to me being introduced to all these great new classic rock bands! Keep 'em coming!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online