New Aerosmith album pushed back to September

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

AEROSMITH: New Album Pushed Back To September - Apr. 23, 2012
AEROSMITH began work on its first all-new album since 2001 last year, with the rest of the band working on music while singer Steven Tyler made his "American Idol" debut.

In an interview with Canadian radio station 97-5 K-Rock, AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton revealed that the release date of the new CD has been pushed back to September. He also spoke about the way the band was portrayed during a segment that aired on the March 11 editiion of the "60 Minutes" CBS news magazine.

While admitting that he had, at times, been harsh and a bit of a taskmaster towards his bandmates, Tyler also told "60 Minutes" correspondent Lara Logan that he was the reason that AEROSMITH had been so successful all these years.

"I'm going to be big-headed right now, okay? I think my perfectionism and my bustin' everyone's chops is what got this band to where it is today. In the end, I get a real good song. In the end, I get the hits. Yeah, I'm that good," Tyler said.

When asked if he had watched the "60 Minutes" profile on AEROSMITH, Hamilton told 97-5 K-Rock, "I watched it with trepidation and quite a rapid heart rate. It was tough to watch. The way they formatted it was very much… They took comments that we made during very deep conversations, actually, that we had during the interview and sort of barraged Steven with them. I thought it was a little brutal the way that did it, but it was the truth — it was, really, everybody speaking what they were feeling. I cringed a little bit, because when we did these interviews, we talked about a lot of things involving anger yet a lot of other things involving love and brotherhood. And when they [edited the segment], they used whatever we said about Steven that was negative and just nailed him with it to get his reaction. So he got pissed off and said a couple of things that kind of were demeaning to the rest of us. Yet the second that it was over, I texted him and I said, 'Hey, you did a great job.' 'Cause I thought he was put in a position where he had to defend himself, and I thought he did it well."

He added, "When we did the interview — Joe [Perry, guitar], Brad [Whitford, guitar] and I — we were down in Bogota, Colombia, and Lara Logan, the correspondent, was down there, and when she came to do the interview, she had a very low-cut top on. I'm like, 'Okay, this is sort of, 'Get the band nervous with your cleavage and make them say stuff.'' And if you go and watch the interview, you won't see that. So I'm like, 'Ahh, that's how they do it.' They show their boobs and get you to talk about stuff. And then, there you are. . . It works very time."

AEROSMITH recently completed work on a reworked version of its 1991 outtake "Legendary Child" (originally written during the "Get A Grip" sessions) for inclusion in the upcoming summer film "GI Joe: Retaliation" (which arrives in theaters around the U.S. on June 29). The song is also expected to appear on AEROSMITH's long-awaited new studio CD.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That was funny...:heheh:

Tyler has Never been shy about his opinion of himself, even though I find self promotion distasteful he is right about his role in Aerosmith.

However like any long tenured group of musicians, it's the Quiet supporting cast like George and Ringo in the Beatles as much as the firebrands like Tyler and Perry that keep a band together. I've always felt that way that many excellent talented people simply stay in the background so their contributions are not nearly as obvious.

As far as "Ambush" interviews...60 Minutes perfected that with Mike Wallace decades ago, however sending a "Hot" woman to do a legendary Rock band for this piece was a very intelligent move.:heybaby:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online