New Aerosmith Album Due in March '12

fielding

Reaction score
The last couple of years have been beyond turbulent for Aerosmith – but now, Steven Tyler tells Rolling Stone that the new album is almost done.

"Two months doing that and we’re almost there," Tyler said backstage at the iHeartRadio festival in Las Vegas this past weekend. "We’re gonna spend another month in L.A." Is there a release date in mind? "March, hopefully."

The frontman was in great spirits, and why not? He had just schooled an audience of 20,000 fans in rock history with the help of guitar god Jeff Beck. The two of them sounded so good together on songs like "You Really Got Me" and Sly and the Family Stone's "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" it seemed a shame to waste that magic pairing on only four songs.

Could there be more collaborations with Beck in the making? "The rest is yet to reveal," Tyler said. "If I had my way, I’d say yes. We did 'Cry Me A River' and an Etta James song," he says. "[We] went to rehearsal to learn these four songs. Two we knew and we just wound up filling in the breaks with all kinds of crazy stuff." Among those were also some Hendrix songs, according to bassist Tal Wilenfeld, who toured with Beck and sat in on thesuperstar jam session at I Heart Radio.

For his part, Beck had a great time being on stage with a frontman of Tyler's caliber. "Big gigs are not my thing for the sound purposes, but when you’ve got him there he carries the weight, 100 percent," he said. "I enjoyed the fact that everybody was digging what he was doing, so my job was a lot easier."

-aeroforceone.com
-rollingstone.com

main.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online