Nevermore (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: The Official NEVERMORE Thread

I guess you all heard the sad news:

NEVERMORE guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released the following joint statement:

"In a mutual decision, Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave NEVERMORE. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with NEVERMORE since the band's self-titled first album, which came out in 1995.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - NEVERMORE Guitarist, Drummer Quit

Weird ....I was in the process of cut and pasting and linking that very same article and I logged in to do so and you had just beat me to it ,Bob. :wtf:

Terrible news for me and I didn't want to accept it so I waited this long to comment ...very weird the way things turned out.

EDIT : Oh, I see I must of just missed seeing it when I looked earlier

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^Jeez, it seems like it's been a year full of good albums & band departures / split ups. This has been an odd year for music.

I agree, Portnoy, Kahn, Barlow all leaving their bands the last few months and now this bit of bad news.:(

It does happen all the time, but I really like all the bands who are going through changes, we'll have to see what happens next.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I'm really upset about this bad news ( not crying or anything :D ).... waiting to see if any bands rise from the ashes

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score

Hopefully they'll get fresh band members and get back to making incredible albums. Nevermore is an amazing and unique band. Hopefully they're not done.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Love this song, given I read that there was ongoing trouble within the group its not such a bad thing they did split. Left a good legacy of awesome metal there.
The Obsidian Conspiracy is a great album to have gone out on.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Godless Endeavour is another gem. Probably their best album.
Sentient 6

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
NEVERMORE are easily in my top 5 metal bands. I have all their CDs including the ep.
Bought it when it first came out after learning Dane, Loomis and Shepard had formed a new band out of the ashes of Sanctuary. I sometimes like them even more then Sabbath and Maiden... my two all time favorite bands .

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Loomis solo album was pretty good too but I would love for this band one day to reunite. A new album would be killer.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Jeff Loomis solo album was pretty good too but I would love for this band one day to reunite. A new album would be killer.

Yeah, I agree . Love the new Sanctuary album but I'd still rather have Nevermore back togather. Dane said something about possibly moving on w/o Loomis which I think would be a mistake and is pretty much what Sanctuary is now anyway.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online