Nevermore (Official Thread)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Re: The Official NEVERMORE Thread

But it's much different thing trying to get a more mainstream band to go a bit more mainstream or jump on a trend then it is to try to get bands that despise that kind of stuff with a passion (w/ their very soul ) as so many of the more extreme forms of metal bands do, to do it.

I've been in a lot bands too over the years and I know that most underground metal bands HATE that kind of thing with real HATRED. Metallica is still hated with a passion by a horde of metal heads for doing what they did even though they were looked up to by those same people for many years.

Underground metal HATES the mainstream. Believe me.

Thrash was very underground in those days just popping up into the public eye a bit but with the same @#$% You attitude. The kind of bands that attacked glam metal bands physically sometimes (and verbally all the time ) they called them poseurs etc
Ask Pretty Boy Floyd :heheh:

Nothing personal , just saying the mind set is a different one then most.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Well in the end much of today's current metal is rooted in power, thrash, progressive, symphonic, black ect. ect.

I just think the overall sound of today's commercial hard rock is a combination of grunge and hair metal...:heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Really ? I reread the OP and saw nothing about it. :wtf:

EDIT :OK I see it now lol ...I thought it was conjecture on your part. But either way it just proves I am right that they would just tell them to @#$% off because they did :heheh:

I never knew why they broke up yet still retained most of the band...now I know .

Indeed you are right, which is what I was agreeing with too, I like bands that tell them to **** off who try to tell them how to do music.

Anyways Im working on the Utopia album :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

The Learning:LIVE

Last edited by a moderator:

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score

Nevermore rocks. Bigtime. They play like a well-oiled machine. Everyone in the band is excellent at their instrument. They kick ass in concert too. Seen them 3 times.

Dreaming Neon Black and This Godless Endeavor are my favorites of theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Loving the first songs on the 2010 Obsidian Conspiracy album so far.

Last edited:

b.o.b.

Reaction score

I guess you all heard the sad news:

NEVERMORE guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released the following joint statement:

"In a mutual decision, Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave NEVERMORE. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with NEVERMORE since the band's self-titled first album, which came out in 1995.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - NEVERMORE Guitarist, Drummer Quit

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^Jeez, it seems like it's been a year full of good albums & band departures / split ups. This has been an odd year for music.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online