"(If I Knew, I'd Tell You)" – 0:47
"6669 (I Don't Know If You Know)" – 3:21
"Should Have Taken Acid with You" – 2:21
"Mind, Drips" – 3:09
"Psychic Chasms" - 4:06
"Local Joke" – 3:27
"Ephemeral Artery" - 2:52
"7000 (Reprise)" - 0:57​

Neon Indian consist of band members Alan Palomo, Leanne Macomber, Ronald Gierhart and Jason Faries. They hail from Austin, Texas and have been a band since 2008. This album is their first album and what an album! It consists of funky beats and sounds, almost 'video game' like at times.

The album itself is rather short but is such a solid album from start to finish. It's upbeat the whole journey through and will put a smile on your face, no matter how bad your day has been, and will get your foot tapping and your head bobbing. It's great music for a party or just for those days when you want to sit back and unwind.

What stuck out the most for me was the general sounds that they used. I love the keyboards and the synth sound that they bring while having a mellow sound. My favourite song would have to be Ephemeral Artery, closely followed by Psychic Chasms. Both of these songs have the coolest, funkiest beats.

I would definately rate this an easy 9/10, only losing a point for being a little too short. It's calm, it's cool, it's catchy. GREAT first time effort for these guys.

If anyone likes a band like Gorillaz, I think you'll really dig Neon Indian.

^The first 8 seconds of this video might give you a headache because of the rapid flashing pictures so please beware. It's fine after that.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Members online