Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
:wa
Sherman Helmsley is a big prog fan!
check this nektar clip

Khor1255

Reaction score
Nektar kicks ass!!!! Glad there is a thread about them here. I only was introduced to them about 10 years ago and my favorite song by them is still Cast Your Fate to the Wind. It is by no means the only high point from this really cool outfit. It's great to hear progressive rock that also features a somewhat heavy edge.

The funny thing is, just about every time I you tube Cast Your Fate to the Wind (even if I add Nektar in the search) I get that Chet Atkins piece. I love Mr. Atkins' work and that piece is no exception but are they really that obscure that so few people post their work on You Tube?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
So 'A Tab In The Ocean'...
With a basic knowledge on music theory I accepted a challenge to transcribe (translate music into sheet) this nearly 17 minutes song. All the parts, including drums and vocals. I will add to the credits my friend, who plays guitar extremely well. If we get it right we might end up with a distinction star (highest grade) on music theory. I won't be surprised if I learn to play keyboard on that, the intro is on a compound timing (three quavers [eighth notes] per beat), so it is going to be fun to do it. I am so looking forward to see the completed work. Brilliant piece of prog, 17 well spent minutes on every listen.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Journey to the Center of the Eye is starting to compete for my favorite slot
here lately. Awesome, trippy stuff...

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Awesome album, taking full advantage of the fact that I had my home to myself, I played it really loud, on my home stereo system three times this week. Sounded just incredible !!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jester143

Members online