Negură Bunget

Harkat

Reaction score
Negură Bunget
negura_bunget_02.jpg

Negură Bunget is a band that changed how I thought of Black Metal.
Their style is unique and makes for a very enjoyable experience. They are a Progressive/Folk/Atmospheric Black Metal from Romania.

Band Members:
~ Negru
~ Corb
~ Spin
~ Gadinet
~ Inia Dinia
~ Ageru Pamintului

Negură Bunget formed at the end of 1994 as a duo of Hupogrammos Disciple on guitars, vocals, and keyboards, and Negru on drums. Over time the band grew to its current group.
Their 2002 album "N Crugu Bradului" and 2006 album "OM" are considered their best albums to date.

When the band was asked to explain their name, they said:
Negură Bunget is a black fog coming from a deep dark dense forest. The name tries to picture somehow the kind of atmosphere, both musical and spiritual we'd want to create through our music. It has also an esoteric nature, standing for the inexpressible parts of our ideology. The two words are also from the Tracic substrate of the Romanian language (the oldest one, containing about 90 words) as the interest for our local history and spirituality is something of crucial importance and meaning for us as a band.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Harkat, this is quite a surprise for me to see Negură Bunget on CRF. They are maybe the only Romanian band that made it outside the borders and the first black metal Romanian band. I remember being very anxious in 1997 when they launched the first album "Zirnindu-sa" on tape. Now this album is a cult album for them. I like Negură Bunget but I'm not a very big fan. I had their first albums on audio cassette but now I don't own any of their albums. I saw them live in 2008 opening for Paradise Lost in Bucharest.

Harkat

Reaction score
Be proud then b.o.b! :grinthumb
Were is your Bands from Romania thread?? ;)

I have really enjoyed the stuff that I have heard from these guys, if Romania has more stuff like this, then you should share. Sharing is caring. :heheh:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Be proud then b.o.b! :grinthumb
Were is your Bands from Romania thread?? ;)

Dead and buried :heheh:

Harkat said:
I have really enjoyed the stuff that I have heard from these guys, if Romania has more stuff like this, then you should share. Sharing is caring. :heheh:

Ok, if you like Negură Bunget maybe you should try the new project DORDEDUH, the new band of former Negura Bunget members Hupogrammos and Sol Faur.

DORDEDUH-Valea Omului (Gatefold 7" EP) (aproximate translation: Miss the Spirit - The Valley of Man)
September 3, 2010

Dordeduh+-+Valea+Omului+%5Bep%5D+(2010).jpg

Tracklist
01. Cumpat
02. Zuh - Cu tunetul muntilor

Line-up
Hupogrammos Disciple's - vocals, guitars, keyboards, percussions & toacă
Sol Faur - guitars, keyboards, hammered dulcimer & xilophone
Guest Appearance:
Flavius Misarăş - bass
Sergio Ponti - drums & percussions

Dordeduh - Cumpat

DorDeDuh - Zuh - Cu Tunetul Muntilor

Last edited:

Harkat

Reaction score
Do you know why Hupogrammos and Sol Faur left?
All I know is that there was an argument with Nehru.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
I don’t know too many details. All I know is that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur were in charge with the artistic part while Negru was the logistic mastermind in charge with contracts and all the business activities.

Harkat

Reaction score
So the arty ones go off on their own and the mastermind on his own.
Which band do you think is better in the end?

b.o.b.

Reaction score
I guess both bands should be followed. The new Negura Bunget - Virstele Pamintului 2010 is more folk/viking/acoustic oriented, more friendly to the mainstream listeners and the album already received very good reviews in the international press although the old hardcore Negura Bunget fans were a little bit disappointed and followed Dordeduh.

Harkat

Reaction score
Both are good bands!
I will have to keep an extra close eye out for more Romanian bands!

Magnolia

Bad Apple
Reaction score
Here be metal from my home. Romania. :D
I really like Negura Bunget. They are one the of the few romanian metal bands I like. I find their music style very interesting. I love them. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online