1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearfest 2010

Discussion in 'Live Concert Reviews.' started by Stout, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Aktivator

Aktivator aka Hightea

Three Friends-Was so excited to see anyone play Gentle Giant songs and Three Friends (although actually only two) did not disappoint. They got off to a great start with opening with Prologue into Playing the Game. If I was the musician I would have been wiped out by the time those two songs were over. Killer duo guitar, drummer who was able to play the complex time signatures and still keep it all together. The Keyboard player did a wonderfl job of handling both the regular keyboard parts and the vibes and other instruments that weren't added. I was very impressed with the bass player and the late addition of Pierre Bordeleaux on vocals (current singer had visa problems) so Pierre stepped in with only three rehearsals. I really enjoyed the new arrangements to many of these classic songs and Gary Green was all over the place. His guitar work was quite amazing fr a guy who hasn't been playing these songs in quite a long time. I saw Gentle Giant twice back in the 70's and while Three Friends weren't up to part with 70's GG they did a great job plus they covered a bunch of songs GG never played live.

THREE FRIENDS
    ----------------
    Prologue
    Playing the Game
    The Advent of Panurge
    Empty City
    Just the Same
    Pantagruel's Nativity
    I Lost My Head
    Proclamation
    Valedictory
    The Boys in the Band