Ne Obliviscaris (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
4addaf60496e596851bd05eed3b04724-640x360.jpg

Official Myspace
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ne_Obliviscaris_(band)

Ne Obliviscaris are my latest big find, an Australian prog metal band from Melbourne. So far they have released a demo CD "The Aurora Veil" and one full album "Portal Of I". The music is eclectic, dramatic, expansive, melodic and downright epic. They use violins a lot which adds to the orchestral feel and the arrangements are always complex. All but one song on Portal Of I are over 10 minutes long, and the directions the album goes are very extensive. The vocals range from heavy screaming and growling to clean, soft melodic harmonies. It's all round adrenaline pumping and exciting music! :grinthumb

Eyrie

Forget Not

Curator

Last edited by a moderator:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Just listened to the first vid and I really liked it. Your explanation of their sound is spot on. With me listening to this kind of music does take some effort but in this case it is very rewarding. The mix between vocal styles adds a lot to the general feel of the music.

Lots of people will be put of by the growls but I think they are exactly right for music like this. And I love the sound of violin anyway and it does sound great.

More people need to hear this band!!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Glad to hear it EF! Indeed it won't be for everyone and it's far from easy listening, but that only draws me in further and makes me concentrate harder on everything going on. All the instruments and vocals combine so greatly, that and the constantly changing tempos make it very worthwhile!

They are just starting to increase in notoriety this year, they were formed in 2003 but were mostly unknown until the last few months, with the release of "Portal Of I" being last week. Their fanbase may be small at the moment but they are very dedicated, so hopefully we'll hear plenty of good things from them in the future! :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this thread prior. Think it is more prog metal than rock to be honest given the extreme styles mixed in. Good band either way they have a new album out soon Citadel.

Inferi

Reaction score
Ne Obliviscaris are one of my favorites , I like very much the song "Forget Not".

10653299_694808357277495_268808836681023281_n.jpg

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
This band rocks. They have a fresh take on the prog metal scene. Love the violins. Will try get their album :grinthumb
Thanks for the introduction Gabble Ratchet

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Listened to the first track! Awesome! It reminds me of one of my favorite 2,000's hard rock groups, From Autumn to Ashes, with how bipolar it is musically.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good mix of prog with Opeth and black metal elements.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online