Nazareth name new singer

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Their new album Rock 'n' Roll Telephone is the best one since Manny left, The Newz is coming close second. It was Dan's wish for Nazareth to continue with a new singer.

I agree that the new release Rock and Roll Telephone is the best thing the have done In a very long time but time will tell what the next ones about. I still think theys should have gone out on a strong note w/ this last one. No Manny, no Darrel, no Dan, no Nazareth to me.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I agree that the new release Rock and Roll Telephone is the best thing the have done In a very long time but time will tell what the next ones about. I still think theys should have gone out on a strong note w/ this last one. No Manny, no Darrel, no Dan, no Nazareth to me.

The last release with Manny was mega disappointing compared to Cinema and shame about Darrell. But they managed to get good replacements, certainly better guitarist than Manny who didn't put much effort in his last years. But with Dan retired I too think they should have called it quit or at least rename the band like Slade did, but if Dan said 'carry on' then I can't disagree with him. In the end, it was Pete's and Dan's band.

Uriah Heep on the other hand... only Mick Box is the remaining member and now are doing far better since 1976.

Vader

Reaction score
I disagree on all accounts. Uriah Heep may be doing better commercially then they were In the 70's but musically it's a far different story IMO. And I personal can't listen to Cinema, think it's terrible. If thats what you like more power to you I suppose but for me I'll be sticking w/ classic Heep and Nazareth all the way. The poppy versions of these bands are not my cup of tea. Classic Nazareth always had their softer side but It was bluey not poppy. I'll take Hair the of Dog, Razamanaz,
Rampant and the rest of their 70's fare . If you like Cinema, Malice etc. to each his own but you will never convince me those are real NAZARETH albums and not just some record company marketing ploy to fit into the 80's pop market.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
If you like Cinema, Malice etc. to each his own but you will never convince me those are real NAZARETH albums and not just some record company marketing ploy to fit into the 80's pop market.

I won't even try, because I agree with you. 80s was a tough era for 70s bands to get wider audience. Record companies didn't help either with all the MTV and radio stations, although I do consider Cinema the heaviest album of all 80s releases. I like all Nazareth albums, some more some less, and I give all the eras a chance.

In terms of Uriah Heep - musically it's a different story, yes. But that's a new chapter in the band's history and after I saw them live in 2011 and March this year, this chapter is very heavy and very exciting. I love it and ever since Wake The Sleeper album, the band gets better and better. Surely nothing will match the classics, but when one sticks to only one thing is also missing out other good stuff that is around.

Vader

Reaction score
I gave them a chance and didn't like them. Just a difference in opinion. And I did like the last few Nazareth albums but not near as well as the old stuff. You want Nazareth to go on without Dan because you are a fan of all or alot of their albums. Understandable , I'm personally not expecting much. But they could prove wrong.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Not because I like all of their stuff, but because that's what Dan wanted.

Vader

Reaction score
Well Dan may "want that " or may have given his blessings but my opinion is still that they should retire the name.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I saw them a few years ago and I haven't had the time to listen to the new vocalist but I will give him a chance. I agree that they can never replace him as he had a tremendous voice, however there are a lot of bands that have replaced their singers and done well from it, like Yes.

I don't want all the backlash of people saying you can't say that and you can't mention bands and all that, it is my opinion.

I always used to stop listening to a band if the singer left or passed away because I thought that they would not be doing classics anymore, by continuing to do this I would have missed so much music. I agree with Nololob, Uriah Heep lost a great singer and have had a few over the years which I have been lucky enough to see and they are getting better and better with the current line up, making sure that music lovers like us can still get quality albums.

Good luck to them if they succeed with the new singer, means their all still in a job lol

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Dammit!! The one thing I get off these forums is bad news of old dogs being replaced.. It's not like you can go to the store and pick up some old nazareth off the shelf.. It's like another best has had to bow out.. Don't know the new guy but Dan as they say.. Is the man..
Replace him with a close too.. Good luck Nazareth with the new singer..
I'm glad I had the chance to grow up with his wonderful raspy voice who shined on with his way of singing..

prakasaheibam

Reaction score
TIME TO HEAL LOVE HEART OF NAZARETH

A " Ray of Living and Hope " being a fan of Nazareth ,its sad to hear the news but there is always a ray of living and hope for the big time BOY - the Legend Nazareth vocalist Dan McCafferty.

I research on the ancient Meetei civilization and Medicinal curing and healing system of the ancient civilization.
And , Miraculous medicines are discovered which heals and cure many diseases of our human society which includes chronic diseased conditions of heart - lungs and Vocal cord .

NOTE : Testimonial Patients, cure records and related available.

For more info at thttps://www.facebook.com/thelivinggoddocu

Twitter at @TheLivingGod_

mail : [email protected]

( THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY FOR SOLE PURPOSE -REVIVAL OF OUR BELOVED THE LEGEND BAND ..NAZARETH )

Remembering school days when Nazareth break our days with his love heart.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online