Musicals

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice idea Cosmic, nothing new about that, I am not a fan of musicals though. I did see Jesus Christ Superstar in the theaters when it came out, and I didn't mind it at all. Not my area of expertise admittedly.;)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well that's fine LG. I know all too well that musicals aren't for everyone. They really seem to be a dying art form these days though, which I think is so sad....

runtfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of musicals but there's nothing wrong with them. I'm mostly familiar with alot of the old school musicals. I played in the orchestra all through junior high and high school and sang in the choir in junior high so I'm quite familair with stuff like The Sound Of Music, Fiddler On The Roof, South Pacific, West Side Story, Oklahoma, The Music Man, etc. I was playing and singing that stuff long before I started playing Led Zeppelin, Rush, and ZZ Top.

Trickster

Reaction score
I like some of the older musicals i guess because of my mom..
Singing in the rain
Wicked (just seen that a couple of years ago)
The sound of music
Phantom of The Opera
The pirate queen

Just to name a few i have seen and like.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with "Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog". What's it like?

It's a low budget 45 minute show, released exclusively on the internet during the writers strike last year.

It's about an aspiring villian who is desperately trying to get into the Evil League of Evil, whilst building the confidence to ask out the girl he goes to the laundromat to see. It's got plenty of laughs, a surprisingly good plot and story, and great music too.

Here's the trailer:

And the website:

http://www.drhorrible.com/

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A few favorite of mine are

Jesus Christ Superstar
HAIR
GREASE
West Side Story
Singin' In The Rain
Joseph

Wizard Of Oz (yes I consider that to be a musical)
Mama Mia
GODSPELL

Many More...

here is a great song from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just really really want to share this song with everyone. I've been cracked out on it for over a month and it's worked it's way into the slot of the most played song on my iTunes.

I give you "Midnight Radio" from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. It reminds me in ways of the early David Bowie collaborations with Iggy Pop.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online