• Just the straight concert

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Theatrical Version

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Just a question that randomly popped into my head that I think is worthy of a thread :)

When watching DVD's on live concerts, do you prefer to just sit and watch the concert from start to finish with no interruptions, or do you prefer the "theatrical" versions, where the performances are interspersed between interviews with the musicians and what-not?

I just thought of this because my dad and myself always argue over which version of the "Concert for George" we watch, because I like to just watch the concert, while my dad likes the theatrical version.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the commentary.....it adds special thoughts and side notes that are very interesting to know.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Straight concert

...save all the interview stuff for a bonus disc...or activate an audio commentary

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Straight concert for me too, I don't really care about the background stuff, at least not when I am watching something for the first time. Eventually after a few more views, I would play around and check out the additional Theatrical bits.:D

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Straight concert for me as well at first. I'll go to the interviews and stuff later.

As much as I like The Song Remains the Same, the first few times I saw it years ago, it drove me nuts always flipping away to the fantasy sequences. I want to see the band! :heheh:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Straight concert

...save all the interview stuff for a bonus disc...or activate an audio commentary

Agree totally.

I can't imagine slicing up "Tommy" or "DSOM" with banter, no matter how informative. The Pink Floyd "Pompey" file I have mixes in interviews that really take away the continuity of the music. Plus it's about 2 1/2 hours long now.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
it depends on how the commentary is done and what not. sometimes the commentary can really add to the concert and sometimes i feel that its totally useless and can easily be taken out with no harm done. an example of a music concert with commentary i really LOVE is the Last Waltz. the bands interviews really work well in the context of the concert and to me, it doesn't get much better

Abraxas

Reaction score
Just the straight concert please. Put the interviews on a bonus disc.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I went with "Just the Straight Concert" & agree the interviews & stuff should be a bonus.
Alice Cooper did it right (& I'm sure there are more). On his "Good to See You Again Alice Cooper" movie it gives you the full theatrical version but also has a choice of just playing the concert. Another thing I do (& once again I'll use Coop!) is watch a DVD with the audio commentary on which is great on the Welcome to my Nightmare DVD

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online