Muse vs Pink Floyd

EJD1984

Reaction score
Just curious are to peoples opinions.

I've been a HUGE Pink Floyd fan for decades, and I've been watching the musical progression of Muse. And they seem to be on track to becoming a modern day Pink Floyd.

I'm not saying an exact replacement in styles, but in themes, musical experimentation................etc Espically their new album

If I'm off base with this assertions - any other recommendations?

*Since it a near guarantee that we'll never here any more Floyd new music, I'd be happy listening to a "next-best-thing"

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
No links to other sites as well. That has been removed. OK...debate is on

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Been ages since I listened to any Muse albums, and I don't have their new one so can't comment on how much it resembles Pink Floyd or not...:think:

I'm waiting for Kuaizi to offer his thoughts on the new Muse album and Tray as well she's a massive fan of the band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^This isn't a Pink Floyd vs Muse thread WKB, it's whether you think Muse is similar to Pink Floyd when it comes to the different/experimental approach they take to their music.

I like Muse, one of the best new bands the last decade+ has produced but I rate PF higher on my list too.;)

WKB

Reaction score
^^This isn't a Pink Floyd vs Muse thread WKB, it's whether you think Muse is similar to Pink Floyd when it comes to the different/experimental approach they take to their music.

I like Muse, one of the best new bands the last decade+ has produced but I rate PF higher on my list too.;)

I see... Maybe I should have read the original post first. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I could hear some similarities in Muse's execution like Floyd but they are (or at least were) a much heavier band. Generally Radiohead is the more modern band that gets likened to Pink Floyd and Muse often times gets compared to them so I'd say any Floyd-like vibes come more directly from Radiohead than Pink Floyd themselves.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's how I looked at it myself Cosmic, RH has far more similarities to PF than Muse, especially OK Computer...at least I've always felt that way.

No worries WKB, just nice to see you making yourself at home.:hab:

EJD1984

Reaction score
There is no way I'm trying to compare the two bands. PF will always be in a superior class to themselves.

Just wondering what band(s) would be a kinda/sorta modern day equivalent. I'd at least put Muse on the list.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online