Mumford & Sons (Official Thread)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: Mumford & Sons

I personally thought it was one of the best. Muse pulled off a pretty good performance as well. Eminem did ok as well. Performance wise, the grammy's were pretty good.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Well I'll look into Em and Muse's performances then. I think the folk performance was really impressive because the group of my friends that don't listen to folk said it was amazing and thought it was "even better than Gaga" so I think that says something. :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Oh my parents don't even listen to folk and even they thought it was amazing. And that's coming from parents who are very close minded with music. So yeah, I would recommend checking out the performances. ;)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

They did a cracking live performance last night at the Brit Awards

They picked up an award for best album of the year too :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

They did a cracking live performance last night at the Brit Awards

They picked up an award for best album of the year too :grinthumb

I like that they went with "Timshel". Something of an unexpected pick. Also I thought that even though I like "The Cave" better as a song I thought this was way better than their performance at the Grammys, Bob Dylan or not. :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'm pretty pleased to hear that they got an award for album of the year. They deserve it.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Sigh No More is just so good that it won album of the year for 2010 despite being released in 2009! :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Sigh No More is just so good that it won album of the year for 2010 despite being released in 2009! :heheh:

Well of course. :heheh: In it's defense though it was released in late 2009.

Also it turns out "Sigh No More" has been making a very significant impart on U.S. sales since their appearance at the Grammys.

"By jumping from #11 to #2, Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More finally breaks into the top five in its 47th week on the chart. That's the longest that any album has taken to crack the top five since Taylor Swift's Taylor Swift finally muscled into the top five in its 63rd week in January 2008."

"Sigh No More sold 34,000 digital copies this week, which allows the album to reach #1 on the weekly Digital Albums chart for the first time. The album has sold 459,000 digital copies, which puts it at #10 on Nielsen SoundScan's running list of the best-selling digital albums of all time. Sigh No More is the only album in the top 10 on that list that has sold more digital copies than CDs. It has sold 56% of its copies in the digital sphere. (Of the albums in the top 10 on that chart, Kings Of Leon's Only By The Night is second in terms of its digital percentage. It has sold 31% of its copies digitally.)"

You can read about it here: Week Ending Feb. 13, 2011: Albums: Bieber's Big Weekend - Chart Watch

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online